Hellabroke

• Member Contributer

wgregt

V4 FANATIC

• photo-thumb-8118.jpg?_r=1339215947
  • Members
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 289 posts
  • Why VFRD?:Simple: Because I own (two) VF500Fs, a VFR750 and a R/W/B ABS VFR 800.
  • Location:SoCal, Baby! Home of legal lane-splitting and a 12-month riding season!
  • In My Garage::84 VF500F, 85 VF500F, 94 VFR750F, 07 VFR 800 ABS, 90 ZX-10, 05 SV650S, 90 EX500, 86 1000R

Posted Today, 01:55 AM

OK...here's an idea....anyone that currently owns a set of these DB mirror adapters (since it may be winter where you live and you won't be riding for a while), feel like taking them off and letting someone see about getting dimensions and maybe getting us some copies made from scratch?

Though I'm probably not the guy (I'm an agency ad guy, not a machinst or CAD designer) I'd certainly be in for helping any way I could to get these made.

Anyone got a set to lend to the cause? (And yes, you Canadians, I'm looking at you...)

Edited by wgregt, Today, 01:57 AM.

Maybe not dead, we have options ...

• Member Contributer

If you look at my 10year refresh thread, its the first thing on it. it's really simple, buy a set of replacement GSXR mirrors, remove the lense & unscrew the nut. Next break the VFR glass, then unbolt head from stem. Bolt on new head & sort wiring, then replace the lense job done.

vfrmirrors1.jpg

I would LOVE to see a few more fotos of how those mirrors look close up. As many as you care to share.

Also, what year is your VFR that you started with? Wondering if there is any difference in your mirrors and my 07 6th gen mirrors.

And any chance you still have fotos of the install/disassembly? The other site no longer shows fotos, it seems.

And one more thing and I'll leave you alone: Does your mirrors have running lights as well? Possible to have running lights on them if not?

Also, what year is your VFR that you started with? Wondering if there is any difference in your mirrors and my 07 6th gen mirrors.

His is a 2000 5th gen (98-99 had the ugly condom mirrors), so the only real difference in mirrors should be the mounting base bolt hole spacing. Other than that, I believe they are the same.

I don't know if he has the running lights, but I know that it is possible. mello dude and I had this discussion once before in my garage.

• 1 month later...

If you look at my 10year refresh thread, its the first thing on it. it's really simple, buy a set of replacement GSXR mirrors, remove the lense & unscrew the nut. Next break the VFR glass, then unbolt head from stem. Bolt on new head & sort wiring, then replace the lense job done.

Hey Mohawk...do you have fotos of this mod along the way? And did you find a way to hide the wire? I think you said somewhere that the wire runs the length of the stalk on the OUTSIDE of the stalk? Is the stalk not hollow to allow the wire to pass down thru it?

• 1 year later...

OK guys. This is my current status. I have designed and am about to have run off a set of prototype mounts that will allow the CBR/new VFR mirrors to be mounted onto the 6th Gen bikes. This is what i have and i really like the idea of the indicators being up higher and the mirrors themselves are much nicer in shape.

I will be mounting them on mine and doing a video of the process and the mods that need to accompany them, a small 6mm hole into fairing to allow the wiring to pass through as well as the splicing into the current indicator wiring to allow them to work.

I would like to know if there would be interest in having a batch made once i have shown them off and tested them to ensure they work.

• 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer

OK guys. This is my current status. I have designed and am about to have run off a set of prototype mounts that will allow the CBR/new VFR mirrors to be mounted onto the 6th Gen bikes. This is what i have and i really like the idea of the indicators being up higher and the mirrors themselves are much nicer in shape.

I will be mounting them on mine and doing a video of the process and the mods that need to accompany them, a small 6mm hole into fairing to allow the wiring to pass through as well as the splicing into the current indicator wiring to allow them to work.

I would like to know if there would be interest in having a batch made once i have shown them off and tested them to ensure they work.

Bringing this thread back. Did you ever make any progress? One of my Chinese mirrors fell off the other day, so I'm in need of a proper replacement.

• Member Contributer

Bringing this thread back. Did you ever make any progress? One of my Chinese mirrors fell off the other day, so I'm in need of a proper replacement.

No little people hurt I hope ..

Archived