Just Bought A 2Nd Vfr1200!

Volfy

I'm weighing my options on replacing the just-as-ugly stock exhaust. This one isn't exactly "slip-on".

I googled "hot-glued-on exhaust" but didn't get any hits. Strange... :blink:

Boys will be boys!

I bet if you wait long enough, you'll get your third one full size at the price of your second one.

Honda have really shot themselves in the foot by calling their retro...erm...new 800 'VFR' yet again.

Oh Voify, if you're into that sort of thing, I have an RSV '04 Factory by Maisto you can have at shipping cost if you like.

I never took it out of the box so it's mint.

Well mint...it doesn't look that precious to me but maybe it's worth something to someone else. No idea, really.

:fing02:

but they want too much for a pile of metal and plastic.

Sounds like a VFR12. :laughing6-hehe:

LOL... I blew my morning OJ out my nose reading this one.

Befbever, I don't want to critique on the "new" 800 too much, as this is what a whole lot of old VFR faithfuls have been praying for years. I've never ridden the venerable 800, but after having litre and open class bikes, it would be very difficult for me to go back to middleweight for general purpose riding.

I'm having a tough time figuring out Honda's grand scheme of things, with them shooting new bike intros all over the map like they have been lately. For a company that prided itself on extensive market research prior to new vehicle development, it seems as if they handed that dept to a bunch of baboons to run.

Oh Voify, if you're into that sort of thing, I have an RSV '04 Factory by Maisto you can have at shipping cost if you like.

I never took it out of the box so it's mint.

Well mint...it doesn't look that precious to me but maybe it's worth something to someone else. No idea, really.

Not sure if it is the same one, but I actually have a white RSVR sitting on my mantle. I liked it a lot... until my son - then 4yr old - decided to play like a squid and "deleted" the mirrors. :sad:

• Member Contributer

I'm weighing my options on replacing the just-as-ugly stock exhaust. This one isn't exactly "slip-on".

I googled "hot-glued-on exhaust" but didn't get any hits. Strange... :blink:

Very cool!

I would think a nice brake upgrade could be a couple drops of Testors on the front rotors....

I doubt if it's the same one, Voify. The mirrors are part of the die cast metal.

Didn't mean no disrespect to current VFR800 owners, I know a few. None of them wanted a less powerful one AFAIK. Or another Vtec one for that matter. But I could be wrong. The ones I do know don't get the marketing strategy either.

They invented the washable keyboard for comments like 'the same size of fuel tank' and Dave's comment. Don't think something like an iPad is OJ-proof!

Archived