7Th Annual Fall Ride In The Catskills October 4-5, 2013

SEBSPEED

Sorry for the late notice (again)....

I'm thinking we can have everyone try to gather for Friday night for a "safety meeting", then ride on Saturday and split up Saturday night? I have a lot going on this year and I'm not sure I'll be able to hang out for Saturday night.

Mother Nature was nice to us last year, and this year is not looking to bad yet either! No torrential rains and brutal temps (yet)! :smile:

The Red Ranch Motel worked out pretty well last year, let's give them some business again.

Here is the hotel info:

Red Ranch Motel
4555 Route 32
Catskill, N.Y. 12414

Info: 518-678-3380
Reservations: 1-800-962-4560

http://www.redranchmotel.com/

***Room rates are a bit lower than last year, NO holiday rate applies.***

Friday night = $68.00 + tax. (2 double beds)
Saturday night = $68.00 + tax (2 double beds)
-or-
Friday night = $78.00 + tax. (2 queen beds)
Saturday night = $78.00 + tax (2 queen beds)

This rate is for 1 or 2 people per room, no extra charges for 2nd person.

***Smoking & Non-Smoking available, only 6 smoking rooms total***

***This motel does not offer any breakfast or beverages, complimentary or otherwise.***

Some notes about this motel:
- it is easy to get to from north or south
- there is a decent restaurant within easy walking distance
- it is close to some good area roads

-----------------------------------------------------------

Not only is this thread good for counting heads, but it would be a good way to get together with someone to share a room.

Please post in this thread if you know you are attending, or think you may be attending.

List of attendees so far: (blue is with reservation)

1. Sebspeed
2. Mrs. Sebspeed

The restaurant next door was GREAT for breakfast and dinner all weekend last year!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

I will be staying local, but probably not at the Red Ranch. I'll have the truck for beer runs and rescue missions. I won't be working on Friday, so let me know if any of you are landing in the Catskills or Mid Hudson Valley early and we'll cover some roads that might be missed during Saturday's loop.

Please post in this thread if you know you are attending, or think you may be attending.

1. Sebspeed
2. Mrs. Sebspeed
3. Brian (midlife)

The restaurant next door was GREAT for breakfast and dinner all weekend last year!

• Member Contributer

1. Sebspeed

2. Mrs. Sebspeed

3. Brian (midlife)

4. Austin (VFRAustin)

• Member Contributer

As always. Falls on the weekend of my birthday... Working on a major kitchen pass ;)

As always. Falls on the weekend of my birthday... Working on a major kitchen pass ;)

Well, if you can't make it, insist on dinner at "Beast of Bourbon" in BedStuy. That's where meat master Frank of Cha Cha Hut BBQ moved his skills to.

Come to think of it, if you are coming, bring some ribs! :goofy:

1. Sebspeed
2. Mrs. Sebspeed
3. Brian (midlife)
4. Austin (VFRAustin)
5.Tyson (twitte)

• Member Contributer

Turn out looks light but that in no way means the riding won't be great. Tyson and I are riding up on Friday afternoon to take the long way up. Going to pass on the libations Friday night and meet up for breakfast wherever you guys want. I am going to try and swap a tire out before the weekend. The tire I am wearing now is practically a slick and not good for any wet riding.

1. Sebspeed
2. Mrs. Sebspeed
3. Brian (midlife)
4. Austin (VFRAustin)
5.Tyson (twitte)
6.Grayson (Grayv3)

I'll finally be joining the party! :cheerleader: I'll be getting my tires installed this week & doing a oil change so I'm ready. I'll be leaving after work in Bordentown, NJ if anyone would like to ride up together. I'll also be looking to share a room to lower the cost.

Room for a Kanadian at this boondoggle? I wouldn't be there till late Friday night but it's on my radar. My birthday is the 4th and my wife is telling me to go and celebrate in NY.

Timmy - this on your agenda?

Need to see weather outlook - not wanting a repeat of the PA trip.......

• Member Contributer

Any BBQ on the menu for lunch?

--Grayson, Austin and I are tentatively planning on riding up late Friday afternoon

My job is exit 56 I295. I get out at 4:30. Does that sync with what you & Austin have already planned?

Any chance of sneaking out a little earlier? We were looking to go the round about way up.

• Member Contributer

1. Sebspeed

2. Mrs. Sebspeed

3. Brian (midlife)

4. Austin (VFRAustin)

5.Tyson (twitte)

6.Grayson (Grayv3)

I'll finally be joining the party! :cheerleader: I'll be getting my tires installed this week & doing a oil change so I'm ready. I'll be leaving after work in Bordentown, NJ if anyone would like to ride up together. I'll also be looking to share a room to lower the cost.

You are welcome to crash, well, you know what I mean, at my parents house up there. Save a few bucks. We can make some room and be close by Sat. morning.

Your call

• Member Contributer

Add me to the list. I'll be arriving Friday night around 8 or so.

Anyone has a spare bed in their room? I promise not to snore too much ;)

On the other note, I'm hoping for a forgiving pace. This year has not been good riding wise for me. TMACK and one other ride for me and that's all :(

Can't wait to see y'all!

On the other note, I'm hoping for a forgiving pace. This year has not been good riding wise for me. TMACK and one other ride for me and that's all :(

Can't wait to see y'all!

Excellent. You know we will make it work. Hasn't been a great year for me either...

• Member Contributer

Gah. I'll be in NJ for a wedding prep. Boo. Riding has been crud for me this year. The only riding I've done is bicycling events - AngelRide & Jim Calhoon in CT and the Josh Billings RunAground in the Berkshires MA. :pissed:

• Member Contributer

Room for a Kanadian at this boondoggle? I wouldn't be there till late Friday night but it's on my radar. My birthday is the 4th and my wife is telling me to go and celebrate in NY.

Timmy - this on your agenda?

Need to see weather outlook - not wanting a repeat of the PA trip.......

PM me and if you are not fussy save a few bucks and just pull in to the address I give you. Blankets and a couch or a floor? No worries

Can't wait to see y'all!

Rice, Pm me and I will give the address. We,ll all fit somehow. It,s about the riding anyway.

• Member Contributer

Austin. Thanks for the offer.

I have made arrangement to bunk with midlife for Friday night.

Archived