7Th Annual Fall Ride In The Catskills October 4-5, 2013

SEBSPEED

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Austin. Thanks for the offer.

I have made arrangement to bunk with midlife for Friday night.

Fortunately there are several bedrooms!!

List of attendees so far:

1. Sebspeed

2. Mrs. Sebspeed

3. Brian (midlife)

4. Austin (VFRAustin)

5.Tyson (twitte)

6.Grayson (Grayv3)

7. Rice

Anyone else?

For so few people, I may downsize the plans a bit. So, if you're thinking of coming, please post up! Thanks!

Gah. I'll be in NJ for a wedding prep. Boo. Riding has been crud for me this year. The only riding I've done is bicycling events - AngelRide & Jim Calhoon in CT and the Josh Billings RunAground in the Berkshires MA. :pissed:

:sad:

I know there has been a bunch of behind-the-scenes planning. I want to stress that if anyone is lurking, thinking of coming, please let me know because at this point the meet location may change as we may not need the motel.

Those that are coming, what are your thoughts on meeting place tomorrow evening, and time? Are we doing dinner? "Safety meeting"? Both?

Discuss... :smile:

• Member Contributer

Then again if everyone is rolling in later tomorrow, maybe we just meet early for breakfast on Saturday?

Sounds right. Does that new Barn place near you serve breakfast? The place that was a DQ?

• Member Contributer

Just to recap the Jersey posse.

Tyson and I are taking the long way up to my parents house up in the Catskills. Getting turns in. We should get there before dark. Grayson is south of us and has to leave later but he is going to slab it up 87.

Grayson,

It is going to be around four hours for you depending on traffic. Really watch for dear after you turn off on to 145. There is a detour before East Durham, just best to follow it and get back on 145 toward the address I sent you. At night it may be hard to find the house. Do not hesitate to call my cell and I will hop on the bike to get you. Just easier than searching around after a long ride.

Then again if everyone is rolling in later tomorrow, maybe we just meet early for breakfast on Saturday?

Sounds right. Does that new Barn place near you serve breakfast? The place that was a DQ?
They don't, but there is a place I frequent less than a minute from there that does.

• Member Contributer

I'm meeting Dmitry around 8:00 tonight....we'll probably grab dinner and will have a couple of beers. We will be staying in saugerties tonight and probably again Saturday night. Can meet anywhere and any time Saturday morning. The weather looks mostly cloudy, warm and dry Saturday. I'm looking forward to it!!

Have a safe trip north.

Sounds good, we should be up there in 3.5 hrs (once Austin gets here !) No rain in jersey yet, let's hope it holds off

• Member Contributer

or should you say rehydration....ride smart Grayson!

The rest of you guys have fun and assign someone to take photos for those of us who cant make it this year.

or should you say rehydration....ride smart Grayson!

The rest of you guys have fun and assign someone to take photos for those of us who cant make it this year.

Mother Nature is a dirty Ken-word. We will try.

We've had beautiful dry weather for 2 weeks, and now it is going to rain until 11am tomorrow. :mad:

What say you all to a later start... meet at 10am at Betty's Too in Leeds for brunch? That way the roads can dry a little, supposed to clear up a bit for the afternoon.

Just reviewed the weather situation again... although it is moist out right now, it looks like we will have no rain for the day. 0-10% chance in all the waypoints... nice... going out to the shop now to get my stuff together. See you at Betty's.

I just got in as well. We had 5 minutes of rain on the way home, otherwise uneventful. Had a great time, looking forward to next year.

Archived