Stanley Had A "chat" With Schuberth.....

Dutchy

• Member Contributer

Last year, prior to TMAC, I bought a Schuberth C3.

In the weeks leading up and during TMAC, the inner liner would leave a thumb size imprint on my forehead. Which at times would be very painfull.

Painfull too in light of the dough forked out...

Contacted Schuberth Customer support whoes advise was, well nothing. I should have tried the helmet on longer....

I did wear it for 15 minutes in the shop but that clearly was not enough...

Anyway, bought a 1 size up inner liner which gave some relief.

But yesterday I caved in after another painfull ride.

post-8974-0-12117800-1377249014.jpg

so far I can report that the pressure point is gone (for obvious reasons). Only did a short ride since; a longer ride on Sunday.

To be continued.

PS: with the new C3 Pro having a different designed inner liner, I contacted Schuberth again. Asked if they could be so kind as to tell me if the liner would fit in a C3 and if they could lend me one to try before I buy.

There answer was that fitment never was a reason for them to react; that the new liner in fact has the same thickness of foam. The 1 size up actually has thicker foam in the stirn area...

Schubert is resting on their laurels... that kind of aftersales customer service policy usually backfires in the long run... but I see you've taken matters into your own hands..

An example of the complete opposite attitude in customer service was the reply I received from Aerostitch after enquiring into whether they had any summer mesh fabric options in their suits, which basically said they liked the idea and were passing it on to their R&D department...

• Member Contributer

It does indeed.

When time comes to replace it in a few years time, I will have another hard look at the competition.....

• Member Contributer

I got rid of the Schuberth C3 because it didn't fit right. Tried a C3 Pro without luck. Got a Neotec. Fits me better. Wish they had better colors. Whats with the boring colors on modular helmets?

• Member Contributer

I love my Schuberth but when I first got it it was a little tight and I had slight discomfort, but ultimately it works great now. That being said, I wish Shoei had the Neotech out when I was looking into the modular helmets, as Shoei has always fit me really well, plus most of the features that are on the Schuberth are on the Neotech.

I had a similar experience with Pioneer Plasma displays where I was having trouble controlling the device from a control system (my line of work) and when I spoke with their tech support all I got was the run around. So I reached out to a friend of mine who put me in touch with the head of the US tech support department and so speaking with him, I found out how little they cared about post purchase support. The gist of our conversation was that they really didn't care about the external control feature and if it worked great, if it didn't, oh well there was nothing they were going to do about it, "it's not an important feature of their displays". He all but said tough, you already bought it, so what do we care if it works or not! Needless to say I was never fully able to get what I needed from Pioneer, but I was able to "preach" my displeasure to my peers and clients, ultimately word spread not to install Pioneer if you're planning on controlling them remotely. Other manufacturers have since caught up and surpassed Pioneer IMHO and all have embraced the external control ports and offer great support, I have seen less and less Pioneer displays in my installation projects...

• Member Contributer

I bought a Schuberth C1 when they, kind of, became available in the States. I really liked that helmet so when it got a bit long in the tooth I bought another Schuberth: the C2 which, IMO, is not as good a helmet as the 1st one. The lining is very spare, very unlike the plush feel of a Shoei. Also, even though their website says it's easy to install earphones for a headset, their idea of easy and mine vary considerably. The styrofoam cutout for the ear piece was too small and had to be modified to work. Unfortunately the foam was inaccessible under the cover, which, once it was removed to modify the foam was impossible to easily put back in place. Not headset friendly by any means.

I like the C3 and the Neotec, but just can't see paying the superhigh premium for those 2 helmets when other excellent helmets cost about half the price.

And I'm with RedRunner: why no good colors/color schemes? Silver, black, white, and maybe red. Boooooorrrrrrrriiiiiiinnnnngggg.

Did the Neotec's problema with watertightness get fixed?? Aparently they let wáter in when raining and some other similar issue... think it was through the top airvent or something... I really wanted one but backed off due to reports of this nature...

• Member Contributer

Compare that with my experience with Arai last year. They have amazing customer service. I didn't like how noisy the helmet was and they went out of their way to try and make right:

• Spoke to their tech guy multiple times. They actually return calls.
  • When issue was not resolved they sent two free tickets to the motorcycle show so I could meet them in person with my helmet.
  • They mailed different size cheek pads at their expense for me to try out.

Archived