Possible Servo Motor Removal Unit

• Member Contributer

I have been reading all the threads about servo motor removal and the epic fail that gloryracing encountered for trying to help the community so I did some research and made some phone calls. I also like to help other members when I can. I know that crazybrother and Pete2 have stated that they have been using the servo buddy from Skuter.net with success. I called them and spoke with Jeremy. He stated that the servo motor on the 1200 is almost identical to the 1000RR, the plugs are identical, and that Honda probably used the same controller language for the 2 bikes. However, since they have not physically got to install and try one on a 1200 he could not post it on their web site as a direct replacement. He stated that if someone could swing by and let him install and test one on a 1200, he would do a pretty good group buy for us as this would open a new market for them. They are located in Woodridge, Illinois, about 30 minutes from Chicago. Any Chicagoland members up for the challenge? BTW, they have been selling their units for a long time and use mil-spec and automotive grade parts so he stated they are very durable. If it works and we can get 10 members together he will let us have them for $45.00 plus $6.00 shipping. That is his dealer price.

#1 huntinggunns

#2 luvtoleanit

#3 gloryracing

#4 Yokel

#5 Clint

#6 zedXmick

#7 roughneckred

#8 spinalator

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

crazybro told me that the 1000RR works so I was just waiting to order one(saving for my ECU flash, PC5, and autotune to do all at once). I'm in for a group buy for it whether or not they test a 1200 or not. crazybro says it works and that is good enough for me.

• Member Contributer

crazybro told me that the 1000RR works so I was just waiting to order one(saving for my ECU flash, PC5, and autotune to do all at once). I'm in for a group buy for it whether or not they test a 1200 or not. crazybro says it works and that is good enough for me.

I agree with you on that, if a fellow VFRD member says it works, it works. However, Jeremy wanted to be sure before doing a group buy as his reputation is at stake. He did give me an alternative method that I might take him up on to get this done if no one from Chicago can help us. I will give the thread a couple of days and go from there.

• Member Contributer

Just a little hesitant to do this after reading about all the hassle that gloryracing went through with his. However, after thinking about it for a bit and how simple and fast it is to plug in the servo buddy, I will call Jeremy tomorrow and take him up on his offer to play guinea pig. If it works I will let everyone know. Maybe we can still talk him into the group buy. I figure if the one that pdfruth made for the 1000RR worked fine on the 1200 then this one should be fine also as it has proven itself for quite a while.

There are several reports that the Servo Buddy for the 1000 does indeed work on the 1200. I'd be in for one at the discounted price.

Also, I would like to sell 2 prototype servo eliminators. They work fine as long as you do not put your bike in gear and rev over 4k. Who does that anyway?!!!

• Member Contributer

Glory, thanks for the input. Jeremy is fairly sure it is good to go. I will call him tomorrow and get the ball rolling. BTW, I figured you would have thrown the prototypes away by now. Souvenirs maybe?

Sent from my crazy hand held thingy using Tapatalk 2

• Member Contributer

Hey guy's it works... I have had mine for quite awhile and I know of two other VFR 1200 owners that have them as well and have not had any issues at all. If you want to have Jeremy contact me, let him know. And yes, my bike has been revved well above 4k... :cool: and up to 150mph with no issues.

• Member Contributer

Ok guys, I got the unit ordered today so I can test it on my 2012. I will give it a couple of weeks and then see if Yokel will throw it on his 2010 for a couple of weeks. I think you are right glory, I thought there would be quite a few more members interested in this. I don't see why most 7th Gen owners would not want to ditch the servo motor. There seems to be a lot of 1000RR's that the motors are locking up on which throws a trigger code. The motor for the VFR is around $225. So, I want to lose the motor for the sake of not having to worry about it going out and not having the need for it as I have replaced the OE exhaust.

• Member Contributer

Fred, if I had known how much I would benefit simply by association from your tinkering with your 1200, I would have talked you in to one long ago. :goofy:

Put me on the order list.

• Member Contributer

Fred, if I had known how much I would benefit simply by association from your tinkering with your 1200, I would have talked you in to one long ago.  :goofy:

Put me on the order list.

My wife really likes you but she says you are a bad influence lol. Got you down on the list.

Sent from my crazy hand held thingy using Tapatalk 2

• Member Contributer

I would like to be part of the group buy if shipping to Australia is possible, or if a member will have it shipped to them then forward it to me.

Hey Clint. You can have it shipped to me and I will forward it to you. My wife gets great rates via Fed-Ex. If you need it. Just PM and I'll help you out.

I jumped the gun on this purchase, and have the servo eliminator plug at the house, ready to go. I've had it for about 2 weeks, and just haven't gotten around to installing it. Think I'll give it a go tomorrow. Will report back...

Installed the plug yesterday. As you can imagine, it was pretty simple. "Plug and play", as they say in the computer technology world. The servo itself is not huge, nor necessarily heavy, but it does take up space that I can use.

Turned on the ignition, no problem. Ran it awhile, no problem. Geared up to ride, started the bike again, and sure enough, there was the engine light. Turned the ignition on and off about three times (to inclued using the kill switch), and the light, finally, did not light.

Rode for about 120 miles with two more starts. No issues. Hoping that it continues to work. I can't imagine why it wouldn't, but with the PCV O2 sensor issues that have been documented in other threads, I won't be shocked if it reappears.

Overall, I'm happy with it. It is a "nice to have" item. If you don't have an aftermarket pipe, I wouldn't even bother with it, frankly.

I do recommend, but defer to the advice of the more technically savy members here.

• Member Contributer

I would venture to say that your FI light issue is related to the PCV and not the Servo Removal unit. I do not have a PCV on the bike and have never gotten an FI light.

I would venture to say that your FI light issue is related to the PCV and not the Servo Removal unit. I do not have a PCV on the bike and have never gotten an FI light.

I agree. If I remember right, there were some members who had the light upon initial removal of the cable, which in turn was a result of the servo not going to the right position.

In any case, all is well. While the PCV has been a nice improvement, I might have gone with the Bazzaz FI instead, had I to do it again.

Thanks

• Member Contributer

with the PC5, the auto tune module is so damn good. I had my R1 tuned (PC5), added the autotune, and my goodness the throttle is the best thing I've ever experienced. With the auto tune I can now ride different elevations with 0 care or worry.

with the PC5, the auto tune module is so damn good. I had my R1 tuned (PC5), added the autotune, and my goodness the throttle is the best thing I've ever experienced. With the auto tune I can now ride different elevations with 0 care or worry.

I should give the auto tune a serious look, in that case. Thanks for the tip.

Now, saving to buy one more thing for my viffer..lol!

Archived