Possible Servo Motor Removal Unit

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Received mine yesterday (Wednesday) at 2:00p.m.

Doesn't surprise me, mine just left the US bound for Australia yesterday.

I thought the group buy would be 1 guy ordering 10 for everyone who wanted them, not a coupon.

I can't wait to turn the key on my bike and just here my injectors priming instead of that servo going *Reeeh!*

• Member Contributer

Sorry Clint, I should have been more detailed on the group buy. All the group buys I have participated in have been just one person making the calls and doing the legwork to get a better price by ensuring the manufacturer that a certain number of people are ready to spend their money. Once that is done and set up everyone just orders their parts at their convenience. I will make sure that is known up front next time I negotiate one for the forum.

Sent from my crazy hand held thingy using Tapatalk 2

Sorry Clint, I should have been more detailed on the group buy. All the group buys I have participated in have been just one person making the calls and doing the legwork to get a better price by ensuring the manufacturer that a certain number of people are ready to spend their money. Once that is done and set up everyone just orders their parts at their convenience. I will make sure that is known up front next time I negotiate one for the forum.

Sent from my crazy hand held thingy using Tapatalk 2

Thats cool it wasn't a problem it just wasn't what i expected, how does the dealer know that 10 people will actually purchase when they just issue a coupon code? i thought they might wait until they had 10 orders in before taking the payment and shipping.

• 2 weeks later...

I installed mine - the bike is not returning any faults so the servo buddy works as described.

Installation tips (sorry didn't take any photos

- After you remove the seat and side cover disconnect the servo from the harness

- Remove the 2 bolts holding the bracket and the servo to the bike

- On the back of the bracket use a small flat headed screw driver to depress the tab holding the servo's socket connector from the bracket

- undo the the nut and bolt holding the servo to the bracket

- twist and pull the servo to remove it from the bracket is held on with a rubber grommet to a post on the bracket

- slide the servo buddy socket to the flange on the bracket until you hear it click and lock into place

- bolt the bracket back on

- use a cable tie to secure the dongle part of the servo buddy to the bracket

you could do away with the bracket as well, and just tuck the servo buddy into the space around the fuses and battery, but the servo bracket also has the hole for the press clip to slot into from the side cover.

I looked at this mod but decided it was not worth it to me. There is not enough weight in the servo & bracket and it is not in the way. I am using a Akra high mount pipe so when I want to mount side cases for trips I need to re-install the stock muffler assembly (easy quick job).

Archived