Excellent Find/kindness Of Strangers

Grilldemon

A while back, I did this to my passenger side pipe

post-22926-0-67123400-1375755642.jpg

A rookie mistake, grabbed the front brake in loose gravel ( I can be such a dumbass at times)

Fast forward to July 2013, I attended the vintage motorcycle show in Ponoka Alberta. Lots of nice bikes there. As I was about to Leave, a fellow came up to me and said he had a set of pipes in his garage for Stella. I went and picked them up today, just east of Edmonton.

I offered him cash and he refused, all he wants is for me to buy him lunch sometime.

post-22926-0-41078500-1375755844.jpg

I spent a few hours polishing and cleaning crud off them. I still can't believe my luck, these are pretty much unobtainium now.

This goes to show there is still some good people in the world, and very prevalent in the motorcycle world.

• Member Contributer

Look at the support that Riot Grrrl and Stewy got from the members on VFRD, something about motorcycling seems to bring out the best in us!

• Member Contributer

I offered him cash and he refused, all he wants is for me to buy him lunch sometime.

That's cool, though this reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where Jerry gets an Armani suit from Bania in exchange for a meal.

Stella's got her new pipes on!

post-22926-0-03274400-1375839718.jpg

post-22926-0-51862000-1375839737.jpg

A big thank you to Chuck From Cooking Lake Alberta

VFR owners must stick together. Great story!

I have a set off my 86 vf500 :P are they the same?

They have different part #'s might work in a pinch

• Member Contributer

That is an awesome story. Now if I can just have the same luck and find a nicer set for my VF1000F...

Archived