Bridgestone Battlax Tire Mileage?

enuf

• Member Contributer

I have a Bridgestone Battlax 180/55ZR/17 on my 2000 VFR, it has 6000 miles on it and looks good, Getting ready for a 1600 mile ride. My question is this tire capable of 7600 mile tire life?

What kind of mileage have you got out of your rear tire on a fifth generation?

• Member Contributer

Ugh! Why in the world would you risk it? Unless you like adventures while you are having them!

EDIT: and you didn't mention which Battlax...they make like a million different ones. Is it the 023, or 021 (sport touring) or a sport tire (015, 016 etc.)?

• Member Contributer

If your inquiring of a BT023 I am just about though with the second rear on the VFR, I got about 5500 on both. FWIW, I've run about four pairs or more on a heavier bike loaded with camping gear and get about 4500 to 5000 miles out of them front and rear, Always running recommended air pressure. YMMV.

You, might be good to go, not sure what you mean by "still looks good". If you want to measure the remaining depth and figure out how much is left, the BT023 has 6 MM when new. :beer:

• Member Contributer

it is a BT023R, Light load, light throttle. Where does one measure thread depth, tire has about a 1/8 inch depth at the narrow part close to the center. Just trying to be safe and thrifty.

• Member Contributer

You already have been incredibly thrifty by, as you say, using a light throttle, getting 6000 miles out of a rear tire. Now be safe and get a new tire for your trip so you don't end up having to pay someone more than you want during your trip when the tire fails. Worse yet, you might crash or need a tow due to a failed tire at speed. If you have a problem throwing away a well used tire just because it has a little tread left, save it and use it later.

• Member Contributer

On a dunflop I've gotten over 10k. Commuting and taking it easy in the flatlands. It might be alright.

Measure center tread and the outer edge. Are you down to the wear bars?

If you do decide to stick with your tires, I would advise to keep an eye on them. They might fall off.

If you are on a trip with extra luggage and it is hot outside, tires will wear more quickly. I have gotten over 6k miles out of a BT023GT, but I have also gotten 3500 miles riding 2-up with luggage.

• Member Contributer

I'm going to replace the tire, I believe that I can make the trip with the tire. I guess I turned chicken!!!!

• Member Contributer

There is nothing wrong with being conservative. We all make decisions that are risk vs. reward. It's your @ss, your money, and your tire. Do what you think is best,

• Member Contributer

Just wish that manufactures would put small depth holes in the center of the tires. Like Goodyear racing tires for autos.

• Member Contributer

I'm going to replace the tire, I believe that I can make the trip with the tire. I guess I turned chicken!!!!

Better safe than sorry, keep the old one around for a back up. I have replaced mine early for the same reason, never put it back on my bike but when a fellow rider needed a tire to get by it's nice to say here, take this one. :wink:

• Member Contributer

There is nothing wrong with being conservative. We all make decisions that are risk vs. reward. It's your @ss, your money, and your tire. Do what you think is best,

Well put.

Up here in the rainy NE, when tyres are "almost" gone, maybe have 800/900 miles left-they are usually brutal in heavy rain. YMMV.

• Member Contributer

New Battleax mounted, Colorado in September. YEA!!!

Archived