My 4Th Gen Fell Over And Won't Start. Bas? Hydrolocked?

Guest smithe2

Guest smithe2

So last night I parked my bike outside a buddies house. Not sure what happened but the bike fell over and sat on the exhaust side for roughly a half hour. My friend and I pick her up and I try to start it, the engine cranked once and stopped...I keep trying to start it but all that happens is the starter engages and then stops (headlight goes out), it doesn't turn over or crank. I tried push starting it which also failed. I put her up on the centerstand and turned the wheel in first gear, which spun freely. Im thinking the back angle sensor could be tripping. What could be going on here?

Thanks for any input,

E

• Member Contributer

You turned the engine over by hand using the rear wheel?

Did you check for voltage? Not sure what kind of battery you have, but if it wasn't a sealed one, the acid/fluids might have drained out and left you with a dud battery.

• Member Contributer

It does sound like a lack of juice.

when you tried to push start it, what happened?

A couple of other ideas, obvious but may have been overlooked. Make sure the kill switch is in the on position. Fuel may be flooding some cylinders when it was tipped over.

BTW, I don't think the 4th gen has a "Bank Angle Sensor"...

I believe Honda came up with it with the 5th gen VFR...

Yup, sounds like a weak battery, Either one or both of the terminals came loose, or the the plates got damaged in the fall.

My bike's been doing something similar in the last two weeks since I forgot to connect my battery tender for a while. Its showing over 12 volts when I do get it started, but I think it's way down on cranking amps so sometimes I get the same "hydrolock" sounding symptom when I first attempt to start it. eventually it turns over and starts, but just....... Maybe a good time for both of us to check out one of those new fangled Shorai lithium batteries??....

• Member Contributer

no bank angle sensor on a 4th gen.

My 4th gen has "assumed the sleeping position" a few times and she would fire up no problem after a few attempts.....

Archived