My Michelin Pilot Power 3 Review

kebrider

• Member Contributer

Speeding is an interesting subject. Lets all meet at the Gap and discuss it this weekend.

• Member Contributer

Speeding is an interesting subject. Lets all meet at the Gap and discuss it this weekend.

+1

Dave

You missed Whitelighning last Sunday at the Dragon. And you missed an epic wet run. I was putzing along with The Girl when an R6 came up and passed her. I waved him by and then wore him out to the overlook. I was on the Tiger skimming pegs in the wet with no drama at all. Dude on the R6 was mad skills, knee down occasionally but loosing the rear constantly on the slick turns. He tried to wave me by but no way, I was a total overdog with the PR3s, ABS and the smooth power of the Tiger 800 but I was having way too much fun watching that guy flattrack in the wet. You would have loved it.

Pilot Road 3 in the rain is as good as it gets for anyone visiting a PP3 review. Check out US129 Photos, Sunday, 1:48 PM under the motard section and note that Donna is only a minute behind us.

KEBit'smythreadsoitaiinthijacking

KEB

• Member Contributer

+1

Dave

You missed Whitelighning last Sunday at the Dragon. And you missed an epic wet run. I was putzing along with The Girl when an R6 came up and passed her. I waved him by and then wore him out to the overlook. I was on the Tiger skimming pegs in the wet with no drama at all. Dude on the R6 was mad skills, knee down occasionally but loosing the rear constantly on the slick turns. He tried to wave me by but no way, I was a total overdog with the PR3s, ABS and the smooth power of the Tiger 800 but I was having way too much fun watching that guy flattrack in the wet. You would have loved it.

Pilot Road 3 in the rain is as good as it gets for anyone visiting a PP3 review. Check out US129 Photos, Sunday, 1:48 PM under the motard section and note that Donna is only a minute behind us.

KEB

I am ashamed of you breaking the law and being a nuisance to society young man. Please keet it up :goofy:

• Member Contributer

+1

Dave

KEB

I am ashamed of you breaking the law and being a nuisance to society young man. Please keet it up :goofy:

If you insist. :beer:

• Member Contributer

It was great to see you and the girl up there! Made a great day out of a mind numbing 12hr ride. I had a great run back, and ended up getting back to the store at the same time as my friend was just getting off his bike... he just wasn't prepared for what he was getting into that day.

Donna, sorry but when I went to introduce you all I could think of was "the girl". My mind just blanked. Lol

• Member Contributer

It was great to see you and the girl up there! Made a great day out of a mind numbing 12hr ride. I had a great run back, and ended up getting back to the store at the same time as my friend was just getting off his bike... he just wasn't prepared for what he was getting into that day. Donna, sorry but when I went to introduce you all I could think of was "the girl". My mind just blanked. Lol

I did the same thing about 2 weeks ago. For now, I just refer to Kimball as Smooth Jazz. Terrorizing sportbikes all the time, he should be ashamed. They are probably thinking "I wish that guy would just deliver his pizza already and leave me alone!"

Speaking of not exceeding the speed limit: I once was asked at a gas station how fast it goes, and I told him "the speed limit" while trying to keep a straight face. I had my helmet on at the time to help hide the smirk. I doubt he recognized the radar detector.

• Member Contributer

It was great to see you and the girl up there! Made a great day out of a mind numbing 12hr ride. I had a great run back, and ended up getting back to the store at the same time as my friend was just getting off his bike... he just wasn't prepared for what he was getting into that day. Donna, sorry but when I went to introduce you all I could think of was "the girl". My mind just blanked. Lol

Not a prob,em Matt I should use her name more often. Your friend sure was shaken up, hate to see that in a rider. Felt bad for him and I felt bad for you having to putt along all day.

Not a prob,em Matt I should use her name more often. Your friend sure was shaken up, hate to see that in a rider. Felt bad for him and I felt bad for you having to putt along all day.

Just curious, is there a story behind "the girl" name?

• Member Contributer

There is a bit of a story in that we have ridden together for about 12 years and maybe 75,000 miles or better. She hangs pretty well (if she was a guy most people would consider her skilled) but at the end of the day she has a teenage daughter and a strong survival instinct so she may occasionally drag a peg but she is in no way the idiot that I am when I get on a bike. So I always give her hell for riding like a girl, hence The Girl.

She was on the forum for a couple of days but for personal reasons she removed herself (kinda of a funny story and she could come back at any time).

She is a hoot to run the mountains with because she always carries extra food and water in her Givi trunk, (because she is such a girl). She is quickly reaching legend status among all the Knoxville riding groups because she passes the odd gixxer type (more often than not) with her daughter 2-up on the Tiger 800 and always apologizes when they stop (because she is such a girl). She complains when she's tired, her butt hurts, or the temperature is high or low (because she is such a girl).

We have all kinds of remote locations we ride to regularly where we hang out and act, shall we say immature, and in that respect she so much more fun than your normal riding buddy (because she is a girl after all).

After all that we are not married but we have been living together for 4 years so "The Girl" has always been a more generic take on "significant other". The people we rode with in Central Fl Know Donna as The Girl. Pulled up to a gas station at the end of the foothills and two Triumph riders were gassing up. The Girl had ridden with them the prior week and I asked them if they had met The Girl and they knew exactly who I was referring to. Had to tell them her name was Donna.

KEB

She was on the forum for a couple of days but for personal reasons she removed herself (kinda of a funny story and she could come back at any time).

Had nothing to do with you asking the mods to ban her right? :goofy:

Okay, I was just curious. My GF hates to be referred to as "the" GF instead of "my" GF. She always comments when someone refers to their wife as "the" wife as well. Guess it is just a pet peeve of hers. I don't really understand it either and don't let things like that bother me, but play along to keep her happy. We met both of you at T-Mac, but never did ask about the name.

• Member Contributer

That whole ban thing was tongue-in-cheek of course. Just my normal Girl bullying going WWW. She puts up with a lot, things like I told her I was going to have "throttles on the right" emblazoned on the back of my riding jacket, etc, etc.

Switchblade could probably write a book about how much grief I give The Girl. :wink:

I could tell you went blank, but no worries. I have the hardest time with names myself, so understand completly.

Next time you can just call me "The Girl" I have no problem with that.

• Member Contributer

I could tell you went blank, but no worries. I have the hardest time with names myself, so understand completly.

Next time you can just call me "The Girl" I have no problem with that.

Yes Maam!

There is a bit of a story in that we have ridden together for about 12 years and maybe 75,000 miles or better. She hangs pretty well (if she was a guy most people would consider her skilled) but at the end of the day she has a teenage daughter and a strong survival instinct so she may occasionally drag a peg but she is in no way the idiot that I am when I get on a bike. So I always give her hell for riding like a girl, hence The Girl.

She is a hoot to run the mountains with because she always carries extra food and water in her Givi trunk, (because she is such a girl). She is quickly reaching legend status among all the Knoxville riding groups because she passes the odd gixxer type (more often than not) with her daughter 2-up on the Tiger 800 and always apologizes when they stop (because she is such a girl). She complains when she's tired, her butt hurts, or the temperature is high or low (because she is such a girl).

We have all kinds of remote locations we ride to regularly where we hang out and act, shall we say immature, and in that respect she so much more fun than your normal riding buddy (because she is a girl after all).

After all that we are not married but we have been living together for 4 years so "The Girl" has always been a more generic take on "significant other". The people we rode with in Central Fl Know Donna as The Girl. Pulled up to a gas station at the end of the foothills and two Triumph riders were gassing up. The Girl had ridden with them the prior week and I asked them if they had met The Girl and they knew exactly who I was referring to. Had to tell them her name was Donna.

KEB

He likes to call me The Girl or Nance....I prefer The Girl, makes me feel young again.

He likes to call me The Girl or Nancy.....I prefer The Girl, makes me feel young again.

What the hell, I thought I Banned you!!! :unsure:

j/k Donna. :goofy:

I know how much it bugs KEB so I have to stay. :tongue:

• Member Contributer

He likes to call me The Girl or Nancy.....I prefer The Girl, makes me feel young again.

What the hell, I thought I Banned you!!! :unsure:

j/k Donna. :goofy:

I know how much it bugs KEB so I have to stay. :tongue:

What bugs him more is to talk about the sunglasses that we had to tie wrap back together LAST YEAR and he is STILL WEARING THEM !!!

• Member Contributer

What bugs him more is to talk about the sunglasses that we had to tie wrap back together LAST YEAR and he is STILL WEARING THEM !!!

Gotta say that is pretty weak. If I wasn't so busy trying to ban The Girl I would probably get em fixed.

• Member Contributer

Gotta say that is pretty weak. If I wasn't so busy trying to ban The Girl I would probably get em fixed.

Thats funny ....

• Member Contributer

Thats funny ....

But she's not laughing (because she's such a girl...I always forget that one)

Archived