Pirelli Angel Gts

Guest emko

By the way, this was the only retailer who did not try to school me what tires to use on my bike...

Sounds like they are the kind of retailer that should be rewarded with your business.

Can't go wrong with PR3. I've had great experience with them. That said, I am gonna try the new RoadSmart II next on the VFR1200, just to try something different.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Have BT023 GT's on and all i can say is nice, neutral handling and lots of grip, right over to dragging the side stand bracket.

IMG_0188.jpg

Thanks for chiming in. I got a new set of them last week that I'll mount later in the year. Chaparral had them for $238 shipped, which is a fantastic price.

• Member Contributer

A side note regarding PR3s. With the stock BT021s I checked the tire pressure about every 3 weeks- with little loss. The PR3s I check every week and am down about 4 lbs in the front and 4-6 in the rear. Not complaining, but I must say I got used to only checking every 3 weeks with the BT021s.

Did the dealer replace the valve stems with new? If so, possibly used cheap valve stems. Order some 90* aluminum stems and be done with the crappy rubber ones.

Since the OP asked about the Angel GT, you may want to consider this offer from Pirelli. Buy a rear, get free front. I think I'll give 'em a run.

http://getpirelli.com/agt/

Thanx for the link. Just ordered up a set. $205 delivered for a set of premium sport touring tires is Sweet!

• Member Contributer

Hot damn that chaps my ass right there as I just got new tires delivered :( Oh well, this deal is going on most of the summer and I'll just buy another set for future use. I'm tire collecting at this point :D They are limiting you to one free tire only or I'd be ordering multiple sets. Great deal and price. Thank you for posting.

When I signed up last night, there were still close to 200 left. I don't need new tires just yet, but at $190/per set, it's too good not to stock up.

• Member Contributer

Well, that's done.

Our Promotion allotment of 250 tires has depleted. Thank you for your interest, please check back for future promotions.

If you submitted a claim and need to see your status, click here to login.

• Member Contributer

So, I signed up, bought my rear from Jake Wilson at $167 and now what? I wait for that to arrive then submit the paper for the free front?

Is that how this :warranty: works?

So, I signed up, bought my rear from Jake Wilson at $167 and now what? I wait for that to arrive then submit the paper for the free front?

Is that how this :warranty: works?

If you recieved a claim # from Pirelli you are OK. E-mail proof of purchase(invoice from JW) and the pirelli claim number to admin@getpirelli.com. They will send you back an email with the info on how to receive your front tire.

• Member Contributer

Gotcha...I can submit the paperwork before the tire actually arrives from Jake Wilson if I have the receipt?

Sounds like a plan.

• Member Contributer

Yeah, they went quick after the post got a little steam. There were 42 left when I signed up and when I sent my son there 90 minutes later they were done.

No joy for him.

• Member Contributer

I picked up my rear tire locally for $173 OTD. Less than $200 for the pair is a smoking deal.

Easy captain, don't rub salt in the wound :(

J/K. Congrats to you guys. I'll be anxious to read your ride reports on them as I've heard good things, such that these are actually good enough for a trackday running at 8 or 9 tenths.

Corner Carver please do a full eval as I ride about like you (albeit probably slower). I've been pretty happy with my Diablo Rosso II's on my R1 and your combo of stickier front, ST rear might play well. Diablo Rosso II front, Angel GT rear. I really like the feedback of the Pirelli compounds.

I like that everyone on this board seems to do good tire evals. I've got some S20's to test on the R1 and some BT023 GT's on the VFR.

Actually, the Angel GT I bought is an 180/55 for the SV1000, since I'd just picked up Roadsmart II for the VFR. The SV probably won't need new shoes for another 4k miles - possibly more - but what da heck...

Get the P.R. 3 . There is no better tire for the VFR out there unless you want to go with softer sport tires and replace'em every 3-4k. miles.

I prefer the pr2 and the 023 gt over the pr3's...jus sayin'.

I had the P.R. 2's and they were as good on dry pavement, The P.R 3's are a cut above anything else in the wet, so if you don't really drive in the wet often you might as well go with the P.R. 2's and save some $$$ ( In my opinion the P.R. 2 looks better to).

• Member Contributer

Sent my info in last night, although my rear tire arrived Friday I have been sidetracked y other stuff since then...

Not heard back from Pirelli yet. Free is better than $25.00 !

Archived