Two Leftover Pieces From Carb Rebuild. What Are They?

As i was fitting the carbs back on the viffer i realized i have 2 metal pieces that should probably go someplace. here are some pics

post-22741-0-64745200-1367384099.jpg

If additional pictures of the carburetor itself or diff angles of these pieces would assist anyone in helping me identify where they should go please write it here :comp13:

post-22741-0-02524200-1367384464.jpg

The smaller piece looks like a cable clamp. Would be used to hold the end of a cable in place. Any loose cables or hoses showing?

The second, Looks like it had a washer (maybe had a linkage rod going through the large hole with a washer also). And the threaded hole obviously would have had a screw in there, but I'm not sure where exactly.

Do the 2 pieces fit together? It looks to me like there could be a screw to pass through the small piece, and thread into the larger piece. the small nub on the smaller piece would fit in the square-spot beside the threaded hole to prevent it from rotating around the screw.

• Member Contributer

It almost looks like the two pieces fit together. The small piece has that little tab and the large piece has a notch right next to a threaded hole. Although the way your are holding both pieces, the whole doesn't match up with the notch, but from the bottom of the larger piece, it looks like it would. I'm just guessing here though.

• Member Contributer

like i said in another thread.. TAKE PIX!! lots of them!! :fing02:

too late for this project.. but do it on your next one!

:biggrin:

The first picture is how these two parts go together, i think. now i'm just a little confused as to how they attach to the choke cable. anybody know the page # i could look at in the VFR manual to examine this?

thanks for quick response guys!

post-22741-0-34294100-1367442318.jpg

post-22741-0-15498200-1367442329.jpg

• Member Contributer

The clamp in your hand holds the end of the cable housing where the cable exits, the cable itself then slots into the choke lever pictured in your lower pic.

The bracket in your hand must be attached to the carb by one of the top screws so that it is stationary and when you move the choke lever on the bar, the cable inside slides the choke lever pictured in your lower pic.

• Member Contributer

When you mention the "top screws", are you referring to the 4 screws that hold the bottom portion of the aribox to the carbs?

the 4 that hold top of the carb next to the choke lever... :fing02:

• 1 month later...

Archived