Garmin Nuvi 5Xxx 2Xx Pre-Boot Screen?

Dutchy

• Member Contributer

Hope is the last to die........

I raised the question a a GPS forum, but who knows..............

A firmware flash on my 2+ year old Nuvi 510 went wrong; I now keep getting the Loader Loading screen of death..

tried the official fix (hold press left top corner and switch unit on) in various guises (battery power, mains power usb power) to no avail

tried factory reset 9bottom right corner) to not avail.

with getting in the pre-boot screen, I cannot load a new frimware image.

Garmin kindly offered a new unit at a reduced price )sinde 2+ years old andI must have done soemthing wrong). But before going that route.... any tip on how to defeat the Loader Loading on a Nuvi 5xx/2xx series?

• Member Contributer

Update.

been loading various fixed from the internet, at least can now access the unit again via my pc. Waney!!!!

Got a set of repair files as well, so will see what can be done over the weekend...

sun is shining, going for a ride......

Here the sun at 06.30 this morning....

post-8974-0-22587000-1366460462.jpg

• Member Contributer

I've "bricked" a few products due to firmware failures, sometimes there's nothing you can do about it. Fortunately the products I usually deal with have great manufacturer support and they will often walk you through the "in field" restore procedure or issue an RMA for repair. Sounds like you got it semi-operational, so at least you have some progress. Good Luck Dutchy!

• Member Contributer

Nostradamus I am not, but I do see a new GPS in your future :wink:

They're cheap enough these days and the latest ones come with lifetime maps and traffic updates. At least here, in the States.

• Member Contributer

Yeah the nuvi car series are cheap as chips..

the Zumo series are not... :wacko:

• Member Contributer

hahahahaha that is was caused the problem!

Jailbreaking worked a charm, but the map update to 2013.41 via GarminExpress bricked it.....

• Member Contributer

and................................ the Nuvi 510 is back in town!!!!

So unless I find a way round the Garmin Express seeing my Zumo 510 and pushing a Nuvi 510 image on it (and causing mayhem), I will leave things standard for now.......

No guts

No glory!

Archived