(R/r's) Mosfet + Shunt + Series + Compu-Fire + Factory + Aftermarket + Where To Buy = Overwhelming Confusion !

CHUCK2

• Member Contributer

Yeah, that's what I think too. Just annoying because it's another thing to replace. Anyway, just placed an order this morning for a bunch of goodies. Do you have the stator gasket for a '95 VFR? Didn't see it listed. But if you do, let me know so I can add it to the order.

• Member Contributer

Have to add to the chorus, Tightwads products and service are excellent. Well thought out, exceptional quality and a very fair price. VFRness with fuseblock, (brilliant kit!)

Have a look in the charger for a bad connection ,and /or blown fuse and / or rectifier ( other than the transformer, that's pretty much all there is!!!)

GL,

J

Rode to work with tightwads set up. Charging better han ever. I have never seen my bike lock onto a voltage and just stay there before. Well woth the effort chappies...it is SO nice to ride without chicken-hawking the volt meter !!!!!

• Member Contributer

Have a look in the charger for a bad connection ,and /or blown fuse and / or rectifier ( other than the transformer, that's pretty much all there is!!!)

GL,

J

Yeah, it's a pretty simple device. It doesn't have an automatic shutoff or external reset so I will have to open it up. Electrics aren't really in my comfort zone though. I can install something that's plug-and-play but that's about it.

Rode to work with tightwads set up. Charging better han ever. I have never seen my bike lock onto a voltage and just stay there before. Well woth the effort chappies...it is SO nice to ride without chicken-hawking the volt meter !!!!!

Good to hear. I've been pretty lucky with the electrical system on my '95. I replaced the original r/r with the upgraded OEM unit in 2002 at 80K km. Currently at 161K km, so not too bad.

Yeah, that's what I think too. Just annoying because it's another thing to replace. Anyway, just placed an order this morning for a bunch of goodies. Do you have the stator gasket for a '95 VFR? Didn't see it listed. But if you do, let me know so I can add it to the order.

Gasket is here:

http://www.wiremybike.com/vfr-specific-parts-1990-1997-vfr-parts-3rd-gen-honda-vfr-stator-gasket-p-797.html

• Member Contributer

Gasket is here:

http://www.wiremybike.com/vfr-specific-parts-1990-1997-vfr-parts-3rd-gen-honda-vfr-stator-gasket-p-797.html

Okay, will add it to my order then. The gasket is listed as for 3rd gen so didn't notice it immediately. It's only when you click on the item that says it is for 1990-1997 VFR. Might want to change that.

Archived