Blucity Motorcycles Is A Bad Company

Guest entropy

uh yeah, what happened? did they break your motorcycle? crash it on a test-ride? how about a hint?

My co-worker left his modified nissan skyline at an audio dealer for a stereo install and one of the employees "borrowed" the car for the weekend and took it out and beat on it. Blew the ceramic wheels off the turbos by going full-boost when the engine was cold.

he was not amused. eventually the owner of the shop made good on the engine repair bill.

• Member Contributer

Yeah pretty brief mate.

I thought you were happy with them.

I couldn't remember who you suggested the other day.

Probably good thing.

Any South Aussies here dealt wit em?

Any genuine parts I need I normally do the ring around locally, then I can deal face2face when proverbial hits the fan.

sorry. too pissed to write a full account initially.

I ordered some body trim clips. Based on the microfiche, the clips should have been the screw-in types; I got the push-in wing types. Mind you, these parts are ~$1/pc and generic across many honda models (and probably other manufacturers).

The guy understood which clips I wanted, and he understood the microfiche showed something other than what I received. He kept saying I, "ordered the wrong clips." It's not that I ordered the wrong thing, rather it's that I wasn't shipped the clips represented on the microfiche. I asked for the proper clips to be sent to me and I would send back the wing-type clips. He said that wasn't going to happen. Stop. End of discussion.

If I was in the USA, I would have had the clips switched out no questions asked. In Australia, I'm told I ordered the wrong thing and I had to eat the cost.

I know this seems a small thing, but I'm pissed on principle. Australian companies do not, generally, provide the same level of service as companies in the USA, and BlueCity Motorcycles epitomized everything wrong with Australian service.

For now on, I'll just buy my parts from the USA and have them shipped to me. I think I'm getting worn down by the level of service in Australia.

Sorry. Frustration vented.

I'm not posting this to defend the dealer but there are some issues that I will point out.

Australian dealers or any part supplier for that matter normally has a no return policy on ordered in parts, our GST (gov tax) did this because no supplier will keep stock on the shelf any more when they have to pay the extra GST on top & is extra dead money. Also with our population the amount of parts that are sold is nothing compared to the USA.

I don't know which micro fish you ordered off but if the VFR800 02> all there mico fish part numbers will be the wing type clips, the only screw in clips are the two large ones that hold the chain guard in place. So unless you already had part number & gave them that number or had informed them what model bike to look at for clips you wanted that was the problem. At a guess you told him VFR with probably the explanation of clips you wanted but his VFR micro fish wouldn't have that part listed.

I do know the clips you were after which do the job there on allot of honda sportbikes like CBR600, CBR1000.

90683-GAZ-003 is the wing clip which is only clips listed VFR

90683-MBW-003 are the clips you wanted

• Member Contributer

I know how you feel. Been there.

BUT look at the bright side. At least you didn't have the wrong leg amputated by mistake in the hospital. That'll put a frown on your face for sure!

The longer you fume over it, the worse off you'll be.

Let it go.

Smile and order up some correct clips from the US. Eventually, AU companies will have to improve service if they want to stay in business.

I'm not posting this to defend the dealer but there are some issues that I will point out.

Australian dealers or any part supplier for that matter normally has a no return policy on ordered in parts, our GST (gov tax) did this because no supplier will keep stock on the shelf any more when they have to pay the extra GST on top & is extra dead money. Also with our population the amount of parts that are sold is nothing compared to the USA.

I don't know which micro fish you ordered off but if the VFR800 02> all there mico fish part numbers will be the wing type clips, the only screw in clips are the two large ones that hold the chain guard in place. So unless you already had part number & gave them that number or had informed them what model bike to look at for clips you wanted that was the problem. At a guess you told him VFR with probably the explanation of clips you wanted but his VFR micro fish wouldn't have that part listed.

I do know the clips you were after which do the job there on allot of honda sportbikes like CBR600, CBR1000.

90683-GAZ-003 is the wing clip which is only clips listed VFR

90683-MBW-003 are the clips you wanted

I understand, now, that wing clips have the part number you mentioned. But the microfiche does not represent the clips as the wing type. $1/pc means I wouldn't have been bothered by some restocking fee. The guy just wasn't feeling it.

I'm past it now. I'll just use the wing type until I make another parts order, which I'll do through a US company.

it's the principle. now, i need to troubleshoot the front end shake I got this afternoon... ??

lol ordering parts in Australia is like getting shit faced & thinking the girl you have meet that's into bondage might be fun. The smile is wiped of your face when your tied up & can't move & she pulls a strap on out of her bedroom draw. That's what happens to all Australian buying spare parts we get reamed.

lol ordering parts in Australia is like getting shit faced & thinking the girl you have meet that's into bondage might be fun. The smile is wiped of your face when your tied up & can't move & she pulls a strap on out of her bedroom draw. That's what happens to all Australian buying spare parts we get reamed.

graphic, but I agree 100%

• Member Contributer

So, I'm not sure what you're saying. Is it good or bad???

C

Archived