3Rd-4Th Gen Engine Case Covers

I have contacted Eric Wood, president of Woodcraft Technologies about making clutch side engine covers for the 3rd and 4th Gen VFR's. Basically in order for this to happen, he needs a firm order for 25 at the minimum, and a 50% deposit to be paid up front. If there is interest for 25 of these, we can proceed and see what pricing would be, but until then, he can't really say. In a previous e-mail, he said that development time is around 100 hours, and these would be made when time allows, as they are busy ramping up their 2013 product line. His e-mail to me is below. If you are interested, please let me know, and I'll get a list going.

Hello Douglas,

This is tough to answer but I would go with twenty-five at the bare minimum. We would need a firm order to be shipped in one lot with a 50% deposit upfront. It would require a 16-20 week lead time due to current products in development and the prevailing production schedule. This make/model/year is not being used in the race circuit although we know it is a popular sport bike. That is why they would be designed and made to order with these stipulations.

This time of year we are gearing up for the next season for in line products and busy developing new ones for 2013 introduction.

If this is a possibility we can continue this conversation. I wish the answer was simple but I must be upfront. We can assure you the covers would be to your approval 100%.

We appreciate your interest in Woodcraft products.

Best regards,

Thanks,

Eric Wood

President

Woodcraft Technologies Inc.

978-297-2977

Fax 978-297-2922

www.woodcraft-cfm.com

If it's a slider you want, I can make you a one-off from a cover you supply.

Inquiring minds would LOVE to know/see more.

Yes, yes I am interested!!! How long would it take you to fab one of these up, as I can do 1 of 2 things...I can supply a slightly bruised clutch cover, or I can supply a cover in fairly good shape. I'll be PCSing/moving bacl to the States, specifically South Carolina in April, this is why I ask about fab time, as I would hate for you to finish it up, and send it here, when I'm no longer here.

• Member Contributer

why bother you can buy clutch casings all day long from fleabay or breakers yards if it was a direct copy of a hrc cover then that would be mmmmm nice

If it's a slider you want, I can make you a one-off from a cover you supply.

Inquiring minds would LOVE to know/see more.

Yes, yes I am interested!!! How long would it take you to fab one of these up, as I can do 1 of 2 things...I can supply a slightly bruised clutch cover, or I can supply a cover in fairly good shape. I'll be PCSing/moving bacl to the States, specifically South Carolina in April, this is why I ask about fab time, as I would hate for you to finish it up, and send it here, when I'm no longer here.

I had a few variations in mind. One is based on my existing clutch cover mod but with a solid plate instead of a window. The other two would be more economical (and lighter) and would consist of welding a block of shaped aluminum onto the stock cover, or welding on a block that would allow one to attach a replaceable Delrin slider like the Woodcraft parts.

I haven't made one yet because I haven't had time or money to experiment on my own parts. I can make myself available for prototyping if there is serious interest.

I'm definitely interested in a cover that would give me the option to replace the slider, a main piece that attaches to the clutch case, and has a replacable slider. I'll see if I can draw something up over the holidays, but be warned, I'm no artist!!!

Archived