6th gen front fender on 5th gen front end?

MiniCarver

I'm doing some changes to the body work of my 01' before i paint her and one of the first items on my to-do list is changing out that fat 5th gen front fender for one that looks more sleek or slender. At T-mac this year comparing the 2 different generations side by side it APPEARS that the 6th generation fender will bolt right up to the 5th gen forks, BUT the 6th gen forks are slightly larger in diamater. I've searched on ebay and craigslist for a cheap, used, maybe even scratched up a but fender from the 6th gen but the only luck I've had is a $40 fender cracked pretty bad, probably beyond repair so my options look like they're narrowing down to buying a new one off or ronayers or servicehonda for around $120. Only issue i have with dropping that much money on a brand spankin' new fender is that I'm still not sure if it will bolt up yet since i haven't had the opportunity to try it out myself.

Has anyone attempted this swap that could maybe inform me as to whether or not it will work. Thanks

Minicarver.

The bolt holes are slightly different and don't line up exactly. You would have to elongate at least two of the holes to get it to fit, and then it doesn't follow the curvature of the tire that well anymore.

I had a member with both a 5th and 6th gen in his garage try it out, and that was what he reported.

• Member Contributer

You need to save your money, Fathers Day is tomorrow. :goofy:

Which one should Mini buy you?

:tongue:

13d36375.jpg

88908a61.jpg

b0f07360.jpg

All this money I'm spending is in fact for fathers day. I was planning to make my 5th gen front end look super nice and get that fat over-sized ZX-14 front end off your hands by swapping it with mine after you go to sleep ;)

• Member Contributer

I'd rather have the Four Roses or Rowan's that lose my ZX14 front end....but thanks for thinking of me. :tour:

• Member Contributer

I'd rather have the Four Roses or Rowan's that lose my ZX14 front end....but thanks for thinking of me. :tour:

:+1: I drink 'Mericun!

I'd be the first person to remove Carvers fender since he got the bike, he's always refused to remove the fender even when taking the front wheel off.

MiniC, I got a spare fender you can practice slicing up to find the shape you want! :idea3:

maybe i can pick up the fender on the way up to the brewery on wednesday

• Member Contributer

I'd be the first person to remove Carvers fender since he got the bike, he's always refused to remove the fender even when taking the front wheel off.

MiniC, I got a spare fender you can practice slicing up to find the shape you want! :idea3:

maybe i can pick up the fender on the way up to the brewery on wednesday

:fing02:

Archived