why is this bolt in my swingarm?

• Member Contributer

I have a seeming random bolt sticking out of the bottom of the swingarm on my third gen. I believe that is was accidently put there by the PO, and now it is hanging out of a drain hole. It is shouldered with a 10mm head. I put on the spacers and nut just to stop it from rattling around. I found this when replacing my disc brakes. Assuming it's not supposed to be there, and you have any hints to taking something like this out, please feel free to share.

post-24428-0-19401800-1339270523.jpg

I'm going to guess and say that you can get it out the same way it got in - through one of the holes in the vertical walls in the shock hole. Magnet on a gooseneck should get it, but you might have to drop the shock to actually have room to work.

Really weird how it ended up there!

ps - nice new brake disc you've got there.

• Member Contributer

I will go on all fours tomorrow........................

and see what my redslut has underneath there............ :tongue:

I will go on all fours tomorrow........................

and see what my redslut has underneath there............ :tongue:

I'm surprised you don't already have a mirror or maybe even a camera on your shoe Leon... :goofy:

• Member Contributer

Good to know. Thanks for your help. I'll try the magno-helper tomorrow.

And I don't mind cleaning up after the PO. Just reinforces the idea that she's found a better home.

Luving my new EBC disc brake!

• Member Contributer

That would be due to a current owner low IQ. I was lazy and didn't monitor my pads closely enough. That lead to steel and steel braking. Operator error, in otherwords.

• Member Contributer

Bolt could have dropped into the swing arm (through the holes near the shock) and slid down to the back. I'd like to say I've never dropped a bolt and heard it ping into the abyss...but I can't!

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

Just a dirty (chain)greasy hole down there....

147bbcfb.jpg

Archived