The Only Bullfight on U.S. Soil

Guest sfarson

• Member Contributer

Well, a few miles later, did have to take a pic of the bike coming along for the exploration...

vfr800victor_hdr.jpg

Thats an awesome picture

A massive +1 from me ... really nice pic sfarson. Although I'm no shutter-bug I certainly know what I like! My sister-in-law on the other hand is a professional photographer of some note in South East Queensland ... she told me just recently that she reckons blue skies ruin an outdoor picture!? I find it hard to come to terms with that statement but it seems to be true with your picture above - very nice indeed - the beautiful red 5th Gen helps of course! :happy:

• Member Contributer

Well, a few miles later, did have to take a pic of the bike coming along for the exploration...

vfr800victor_hdr.jpg

Thats an awesome picture

A massive +1 from me ... really nice pic sfarson. Although I'm no shutter-bug I certainly know what I like! My sister-in-law on the other hand is a professional photographer of some note in South East Queensland ... she told me just recently that she reckons blue skies ruin an outdoor picture!? I find it hard to come to terms with that statement but it seems to be true with your picture above - very nice indeed - the beautiful red 5th Gen helps of course! :happy:

Oh yeah, this has been my laptop's desktop for a few weeks now. Even did a print of it on my photo printer. Very nice. :fing02:

Which Droid are you using? I just got the Razr Maxx and haven't been much impressed with the camera.

capn... I'm experimenting with a Droid Bionic. To be sure, the image comes out best if there isn't any zoom, and the lighting/shadows cooperate. I haven't captured a really good VFR pic with the Bionic yet, but have lucked out with some good KTM pics.

Steve

• Member Contributer

Sfarson...............do you use HDR software? Sure looks like it with the contrast! Regardless this is good work as always.

Well, let's see them then!! Pretty please?

BonusVFR, with a steady hand, using the elbow-on-knee as a "tripod", captured three images of the VFR at different EV bracket levels. This helped bring out the lighting and contrast.

Polarbear, here's those recent Droid phone KTM pics...

990advrcedarmtn1_tm.jpg

990advrcedarmtn3_tm.jpg

And this one turned out decent as well...

hp2sportelkcreek2_tm.jpg

OK Polarbear, Happened to pause today for a Droid pic. Dashed to the side of the road as I saw clouds above causing a light show with the sun's rays. Also, smoke from a massive wildfire 80 miles to the north turned the backdrop into a kinda dreamy look. Edited the pic to soften the VFR a bit, matching the background.

vfr800squaw_hdr.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

OK Polarbear, Happened to pause today for a Droid pic. Dashed to the side of the road as I saw clouds above causing a light show with the sun's rays. Also, smoke from a massive wildfire 80 miles to the north turned the backdrop into a kinda dreamy look. Edited the pic to soften the VFR a bit, matching the background.

You're making me repeat myself. What a nice pic!!

C

• Member Contributer

You're making me repeat myself. What a nice pic!!

C

:+1:

With all respect to TexOz's professional photo in-law, the blue sky background, red VFR foreground pics have always been my favorites, it must be the contrasting colors. I have a few of my bike in similar settings and I've always considered them the best shots of the bike.

Archived