New Leo SBK and PC III Install

pluseb0

• Member Contributer

Completed the install of new CF Leo EVO yesterday with PCIII w/Cozye map.

I personally like the sound with the baffles out better....

I have read some people not using all the parts, I used everything even though the instructions are sparse to none, it was easy to figure out what went where.

Install was pretty quick, spent most of the time aligning everything and getting the luggage racks back on.....

I also installed the PCIII with Cozye map.

Took it for a quick ride last night and noticed huge difference, I do get a surge at 7k but no more stumble at 5k and it seems the power band is more consistent.

I snapped a few pics while completing the work and finished product.

post-24825-0-62281100-1337540621.jpgpost-24825-0-62281100-1337540621.jpgpost-24825-0-25752500-1337540626.jpgpost-24825-0-10264800-1337540631.jpgpost-24825-0-37544700-1337540636.jpgpost-24825-0-29337000-1337540640.jpgpost-24825-0-16331400-1337540644.jpgpost-24825-0-60440800-1337540647.jpgpost-24825-0-92691300-1337540945.jpgpost-24825-0-84170500-1337540947.jpg

+eb0

"Pluseb0"

• Member Contributer

VietHorse,

I know you can loosen it to get the rear fender/license plate out of the way, I just found it easier since it was only 4 bolts and a few electrical connections. It felt like it made is easier to get to the bushings that are replaced with the Leo's and allowed me more room and visual of the area.

+eb0

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • Member Contributer

After 6 months plus with the PCIII, I could not find a map that would get rid of an overly lean condition around 5k as well as some other issues. I also tried changing the individuals map values with no luck.

I took the bike to a Dyno center approved tuner (http://www.eastsideperformancemotorcycle.com for anyone in Phoenix area I highly recommend them) they built a custom map (~$300 US) and I have since put about 500 miles with this new map.

Wow what a difference, fuel consumption improved, have not measured it but I am fueling up less. The stumbling and the issues on the highway at 5k (flat/lean condition) are all completely gone. The power delivery is predictable and much smoother, my throttlemeister even seems to work better holding a constant speed.

Just an FYI for those who are having a problem using a standard map, get a custom map if you want a setup specific to YOUR bike.

+eb0

Pluseb0

• Member Contributer

I would have to check when I get home. I will look and let you know.

After 6 months plus with the PCIII, I could not find a map that would get rid of an overly lean condition around 5k as well as some other issues. I also tried changing the individuals map values with no luck.

I took the bike to a Dyno center approved tuner (http://www.eastsideperformancemotorcycle.com for anyone in Phoenix area I highly recommend them) they built a custom map (~$300 US) and I have since put about 500 miles with this new map.

Wow what a difference, fuel consumption improved, have not measured it but I am fueling up less. The stumbling and the issues on the highway at 5k (flat/lean condition) are all completely gone. The power delivery is predictable and much smoother, my throttlemeister even seems to work better holding a constant speed.

Just an FYI for those who are having a problem using a standard map, get a custom map if you want a setup specific to YOUR bike.

+eb0

Pluseb0

Why don't you post up the map here in our FILE area for others to try?

Thx

BR

• Member Contributer

@Axel_7 - Pipecity.com (happens to be local to me in Metro Phoenix area) I paid around $650

@BR - Yeah good idea, I will do that this evening when I get home.

+eb0

• Member Contributer

Happy to hear you like the product! I just ordered the Leo Vince EVO II in aluminum yesterday from revzilla.com. $540 for aluminum, add $180 for carbon.

• Member Contributer

- - - and I came home to find this sitting in my kitchen. A+! Less than 72 hours from order to arrival with free shipping from Revzilla. Unfortunately my outdoor thermometer is showing 7F right now. At least we have the NFL to hold our attention for today!

• Member Contributer

+1 on Revzilla. The few times I bought from them I got my order right away! Decent pricing and the cash back came in handy too.

• Member Contributer

Yep, Duc2V4, $25 in Revzilla bucks to go toward the next ??? whatever with a lowest price gaurantee on your purchases.

• Member Contributer

I finally had the time and warm weather to install the Leo Vince EVO II slip-ons today. First off, I'm thankful that they DON'T put their giant Leo Vince SBK emblems on the pipes but rather include them in the packaging for you to chose on/off. I like the cleaner look of no emblems. That bit of my OCD issues aside, the pipes sound fantastic and adding/removing the baffles is a 30 second job. I will probably leave them out unless I'm doing a long multi-day ride. Leaving them in is almost as quiet as the stock pipes. First mod - accomplished!

• Member Contributer
Pix??

I'll have to wait for the sun to come up! As the original poster mentioned, there seemed to be way too many parts (billet aluminum spacers) so I did not use them all. The instructions are WORTHLESS and you have to go off of a very small diagram and figure a few things out on your own. The wording basically says to remove the OE system (duh), clean the joint between the new pipe and the header, then install the new system. WOW! I could have told you that prior to opening the box... You have several extra loose joints vs. the completely welded original sytem that need to be left loose until everything is joined up and then tighten the fasteners completely. It wasn't that difficult, it just took time to put the puzzle together. I went from removal of the old system thru figuring the new one out to mounted and a quick test ride in about 1 1/2 hours.

• Member Contributer

This is not my bike and I have the aluminum rather than the carbon featured here but this is a good representation of the difference in sound with/without the baffles.

• 1 month later...

I finally had the time and warm weather to install the Leo Vince EVO II slip-ons today. First off, I'm thankful that they DON'T put their giant Leo Vince SBK emblems on the pipes but rather include them in the packaging for you to chose on/off. I like the cleaner look of no emblems. That bit of my OCD issues aside, the pipes sound fantastic and adding/removing the baffles is a 30 second job. I will probably leave them out unless I'm doing a long multi-day ride. Leaving them in is almost as quiet as the stock pipes. First mod - accomplished!

So glad to hear this, I really love the sound of the Leo's, but was reluctant to get them thinking the label was NOT optional... I now have a set of the CF's on the way!

• 2 weeks later...

My set will be here next week, can't wait to hear them. Great threads for instal tips in here. Did you guys need to use exhaust sealant/gasket gunk in the joints?

• Member Contributer

No sealant required, it has been a while since I did mine but I don't recall any gaskets either. All dry fitted with the appropriate clamps that came with the new system.

+eb0

• 2 weeks later...

Installed my set last night, no problems other than lining them up to match, that took a while the hangers are not easy to slide them on the cans to adjust. Question: the little L bracket on the up pipe that bolts into the pipe and sits behind the Passeger foot peg mount - other than to help during install to hole the pipe from sagging, what is that doing? When you remove the passenger peg brackets that will have no bolt going through it and even with the passenger bracket installed it's just the end of the bolt through the bracket's slot. Is this what you guys see or am I missing something?

BTW they sound great without db killers.

thanks,

• 2 months later...

Hi Guys..

I'm new to the forum and would like to say hi. I found this place while searching for other people who have installed the leo vince exhausts.

A bit about me.. 44 years old. From Perth Western Australia. Have a red 2010 (as per compliance plate) VFR 800. I Ride every day (50klms or 31 miles) no matter what the weather (but then again we don't get ice/snow) and love to do the mega miles on the bike.

My thoughts on the leo. Top notch construction (I got the carbon fiber unit). Very easy to install but the instructions where next to usesless (but you can get better diagrams if you are stuck from their website and not the postage stamp size as in the 'book'). My only things I would like (or would point out). The clip the holds the exhaust behind the passenger peg would be better clearly notated in how it is fitted (one tag is slightly longer than the other and both fit but one fits better ;) The only thing missing from the kit is a balancing washer for the 'other' bolt for the passenger peg stand. (just to balance out the stress against it, a simple washer from the shed fixed that). The rubber mounts around the canister holders would be nice if glued on as they grip like **** and easily come off (or twist) while fitting.

I've only have them on a week but they are getting better and better each day as they carbon up.. With the baffels out they are quiet loud (and for me for special occasions)

I made a video of me fitting them if anybody is interested. Main things to note.. You only need to take off the right passenger foot peg and loosen the licence plate holder. You will need a good 5mm and 8mm allen key t-bar and a 12mm socket with extension. Took me about 90 mins with me stuffing around taking pics, getting tools etc. but If I was to do it again probably 30-45 mins. The sound tests don't really do them justice..

Cheers from Australia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPKtP8v3MUo

Archived