New Leo SBK and PC III Install

pluseb0

• Member Contributer

Hi Guys..

I'm new to the forum and would like to say hi. I found this place while searching for other people who have installed the leo vince exhausts.

A bit about me.. 44 years old. From Perth Western Australia. Have a red 2010 (as per compliance plate) VFR 800. I Ride every day (50klms or 31 miles) no matter what the weather (but then again we don't get ice/snow) and love to do the mega miles on the bike.

My thoughts on the leo. Top notch construction (I got the carbon fiber unit). Very easy to install but the instructions where next to usesless (but you can get better diagrams if you are stuck from their website and not the postage stamp size as in the 'book'). My only things I would like (or would point out). The clip the holds the exhaust behind the passenger peg would be better clearly notated in how it is fitted (one tag is slightly longer than the other and both fit but one fits better ;) The only thing missing from the kit is a balancing washer for the 'other' bolt for the passenger peg stand. (just to balance out the stress against it, a simple washer from the shed fixed that). The rubber mounts around the canister holders would be nice if glued on as they grip like **** and easily come off (or twist) while fitting.

I've only have them on a week but they are getting better and better each day as they carbon up.. With the baffels out they are quiet loud (and for me for special occasions)

I made a video of me fitting them if anybody is interested. Main things to note.. You only need to take off the right passenger foot peg and loosen the licence plate holder. You will need a good 5mm and 8mm allen key t-bar and a 12mm socket with extension. Took me about 90 mins with me stuffing around taking pics, getting tools etc. but If I was to do it again probably 30-45 mins. The sound tests don't really do them justice..

Cheers from Australia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPKtP8v3MUo

Welcome aboard Chris! There is actually a forum area for introductions, if you post an introduction there, you'll probably get a lot more warm welcomes I did check out your video, very cool.

Cheers

Archived