Thoughts on this single sided swingarm stand?

Guys, what do you think about this eBay rear stand? $80 shipped, although pins are sold separately. In addition to my VFR I have a Speed Triple, so I'm about due to buy a single sided swingarm stand. http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=310397667153&index=2&nav=SEARCH&nid=54002794684

'99 VFR800, '08 1125R, '06 675, '91 F2, '03 DRZ400

• Member Contributer

The ebay one looks like an OK deal. Doesn;t look like a super nice one, but if it holds it up without falling over, then what else do you really need?

Oh wow. I just realized it's $20 more on ebay. Hope it comes with the pin.

The one on eBay is $80 w free shipping. The link you posted is $60 with $20 shipping. Pins are $20 w free shipping from either place, so it looks like a draw on the price. Thanks for the input.

Oh wow. I just realized it's $20 more on ebay. Hope it comes with the pin.

The one on eBay is $80 w free shipping. The link you posted is $60 with $20 shipping. Pins are $20 w free shipping from either place, so it looks like a draw on the price. Thanks for the input.

Ahhha!! Good catch. Didn't think about shipping.

• Member Contributer

Don't sit on it when on stand it will bend

I've seen Pitbull stands on Craigslist for $80 and the track guys swore you can sit on the bike while it's on the stand. I've never tested that theory.

Ahh crap, the 27mm pin that will work with my Speed Triple isn't listed on Ebay, and the site smackdoogle posted says that pin is out of stock until July. Gonna see what else I can find--the Strip is going to need the stand before the VFR will, for sure.

• Member Contributer

For my .02 - I bought my pitbull in 1995 or 96. That makes it old enough to marry in many states, and it is in great shape. And yes, even if you are a fat@$$ like myself, you can sit on your bike when it is up on a pitbull (I have been over 220 pounds since '95). I have a knock-off or two, as well, and they work fine. If it is a choice of 'really don't have 150+ for the pitbull, buy the knock off.

On another stand, have you looked at ABBA stands?

http://www.abbastands.co.uk/product_details.asp?id=1

• Member Contributer

I have a Pit Bull and it works awesome(it came w/ the VFR from Hell),but I need to get a steering stem front end stand also, and I'm poor therefore I'll probably go for a knockoff.

For my .02 - I bought my pitbull in 1995 or 96. That makes it old enough to marry in many states, and it is in great shape.

I don't wanna know what you and your rear stand do in the privacy of your own garage. Don't ask, don't tell.

If it is a choice of 'really don't have 150+ for the pitbull, buy the knock off.

On another stand, have you looked at ABBA stands?

http://www.abbastands.co.uk/product_details.asp?id=1

I wouldn't say that I don't have the money for the Pitbull, it's more that keeping toy-related expenditures on the "frugal" side is less likely to arouse my spouse's ire.

The abba stand looks interesting but its pricetag in pounds plus the likely shipping costs to get it to the US are prohibitive. Thanks for the suggestion, though!

• Member Contributer

I have a couple of T-Rex stands...a regular swingarm stand (for my recently sold dual sport) and a front end combo fork/triple tree jobby. The front stand works well (almost no assembly). The rear stand had some bolt hole alignment issues, which made it slightly less functional. Got both for about $70 shipped off of ebay if I remember right. A quick look at ebay shows them to be more expensive now!

Get a PitBull.

Search local Craigslist for Triumph, Ducati, Honda Pitbull...

If lucky you can find one for a VFR, chances are that you will find a Ducati stand then need to get the VFR pin.

But a Pitbull for around 100.00 is absolutely worth it.

Archived