Wally World Spray Paint and Free Afternoon and Voila!!!

Switchblade

• Member Contributer

Messed up and did not get my wheels powder coated in time for TMAC so a can of Wally World spray paint and alot cleaning and small heater running all the time pointed at the wheel. Walla. New Mich. new bearing, new valve stems and NEW PAINT...

post-18972-0-11846000-1336262939.jpg

post-18972-0-52031900-1336262960.jpg

post-18972-0-03038800-1336263000.jpg

post-18972-0-07392600-1336263025.jpg

post-18972-0-50605200-1336263055.jpg

• Member Contributer

You have to be a little more gentle when changing tires but hey I have plenty of touch up paint...

• Member Contributer

There's no minute like the last minute!

Yeah your right, still gonna do the clutch cover, hey quick question for you is anyone coming to TMAC that could drop a clutch cover to you ?

• Member Contributer

Let's try em in the AM. Meet me at the gap at 8ish for a run down to Franklin. I will shoot you an email.

• Member Contributer

Let's try em in the AM. Meet me at the gap at 8ish for a run down to Franklin. I will shoot you an email.

10-4

• Member Contributer

You have to be a little more gentle when changing tires but hey I have plenty of touch up paint...

Mite get up early and put the newly paint wheels on.

Yeah your right, still gonna do the clutch cover, hey quick question for you is anyone coming to TMAC that could drop a clutch cover to you ?

Travis(y2kvfr) & Timmy might have room in Trav's truck to bring it up here. I can meet with Trav to pick it up, no one is coming within an hour of my place.

• Member Contributer

Travis(y2kvfr) & Timmy might have room in Trav's truck to bring it up here. I can meet with Trav to pick it up, no one is coming within an hour of my place.

10-4

• Member Contributer

Well me and Kimball tried to shake off the new paint on the wheels and no luck.. Check out the pix.

post-18972-0-32338000-1336348219.jpg

• Member Contributer

That colour looks awesome with the Sword Silver.

If/when the paint starts looking ratty, hopefully you can find powdercoat in the same shade, or close enough to.

Yeah I'll say the brake dust will start working on it first, I have in past used clear coated on automobile wheel that i bought from Wally World thats called Krylon Acrylic Crystal Clear and brake dust has no affect on it at all but your right that is the colour I'm using when I powder coat them.

Two reason 1. Its a colour that can be used on ALL VFR(other words resaleable) 2. Common colour.

• Member Contributer

Yeah, I'll take it for you. If you wouldn't mind tossing it in a box, I'm sure we can find the space for it. I'll be one of the few with a '00 VFR (that is still yellow).

• Member Contributer

This not inconvenience for you or any body else is it. I can ship it but i thought if some was here(at TMAC) that live close and they, had room of course, it would be easier but better see if i have room on the VFR first.

• Member Contributer

This not inconvenience for you or any body else is it. I can ship it but i thought if some was here(at TMAC) that live close and they, had room of course, it would be easier but better see if i have room on the VFR first.

Not at all. If need be, don't worry about the box, I'm sure we can find something local, or just wrap it in an old towel or bubble wrap. If there is not room in the cab, I'll bungee it in the bed between the two bikes. Besides, it'll force Seb to ride to my neck of the woods, I'll have to take him on some of _*my*_ twisties :tour:

• Member Contributer

Not at all. If need be, don't worry about the box, I'm sure we can find something local, or just wrap it in an old towel or bubble wrap. If there is not room in the cab, I'll bungee it in the bed between the two bikes. Besides, it'll force Seb to ride to my neck of the woods, I'll have to take him on some of _*my*_ twisties :tour:

Thanks a bunch I'll buy your lunch and or frosty adult beverage.

• Member Contributer

Meh, no need, it's what makes us a good group... helping a fellow out.

Wait a sec... I thought you were bringing me beer in exchange for fixing your fender? Or are you going to make it out here before TMAC for that?

• Member Contributer

No time as I am straight out until June. Drilled and superglued, done

Archived