Lookie what I found on Ebay for cheap.

RollinAgain

• Member Contributer

So I've been looking for what seems like an eternity for an extra 3rd Gen rear wheel to put on my 07 Anniversary Edition. For the past year I've been checking Ebay almost daily but as soon as one popped up I would bid on it but just couldn't bring myself to spend the $300+ dollars plus shipping they have been typically selling for over the last year. A few days ago on Ebay I found a set of wheels off a 1991 model (both front and rear wheels with tires and brake rotors) listed with a "Buy it Now" for $225. The listing also had a "Make Offer" option and I debated for a while on whether or not to make an offer since the item might have sold using the "Buy it Now" before I got a response from the seller. I rolled the dice anyways and decided not to buy them on the spot and made an offer of $185 which the seller accepted. I was a little wary at first since this was a brand new seller with 0 transactions/feedback but was relieved to find a large box waiting at my front door today when I got home. The wheels are in overall good shape but are pretty scratched up and dirty but I don't really care since they will be getting sandblasted with a new powdercoat finish within a few weeks. The extra front wheel sure will come in handy since I can always keep a new tire mounted and ready to go for my 3rd Gen. The extra rotors are also a huge bonus but I am less than thrilled with the Shinko tires even though they still have some life left in them. Oh well I guess I can't complain for $225 shipped for everything. I am one happy boy!!

post-14198-0-36574500-1335406779.jpg

Rollin

• Member Contributer

That's a great deal. I thought you'd have blown it with the cheeky under-BIN offer, though!

Here's my latest eBay find:

$(KGrHqVHJDME9!NU,gZ8BPcbQ0n9MQ~~60_12.JPG

I paid the equivalent of $70.50 for this book, but it was in an ebay.fr auction, priced in euros, so I imagine it went under most people's radar. Yes, it's a 33 year-old used book with some old guy on the cover, but it goes for $400-500 in good condition (my snipe was at $200). Two more volumes and I'm up-to-date!

Ciao,