Favorite iPhone Apps

Phongeer

Wondering what your favorite iPhone motorcycle/trip/map/maintenance etc... apps are?

I would love to find some useful apps.

One of my favorite apps to use in general is Evernote; I have lots of notes in my "Motorcycle" notebook.

Thanks

This could become a good thread, I'd be interesred to see what ppl do with their cells. Of course for me is to remember to turn it on every week or so to see if I have any calls.

• Member Contributer

There's a "pure gas" app to help identify stations that carry ethanol-free fuel.

(IF there are any in your area that carry it.)

(If that matters to you.)

Ron

There's a "pure gas" app to help identify stations that carry ethanol-free fuel.

(IF there are any in your area that carry it.)

(If that matters to you.)

Ron

It matters, there just aren't any that I know of here...... And they're "right now" trying to bring it from 10% to 15%, and the AMA is fighting to stop it.

I like to use MotionX-GPS and GPS Recorder. Next Monday, I'm going to try out Motorcycle Track Log at Spa-Francorchamps to see how I improve over the course of the day, it also has sections for suspension set-up, notes, etc. Cycle World is also another good app that I like. When I get back to the States, I'll definitely look into the "pure gas" app!!!

Pirelli Diablo SuperBiker is an awesome app, it logs speed and coordinates and best of all it also logs lean angle :P give it a look you'll love it.

Just installed it, looking forward to using it next Monday, thanks!!!

• Member Contributer

RadarScope. A MUST have for dodging those "scattered" thunderstorms. Also, I have TomTom, and of course Pandora. Iphone4 + ScalaRider G4 and 12volt power to the iPhone runs all the apps through bluetooth. Talk on the phone "if I chose to" and tunes all day.

• Member Contributer

I run "InstaMapper GPS Tracker" on long distance motorcycle trips so that family at home can keep track of my progress and location.

http://www.instamapper.com/

+1 on that one. Uses very little data as well. The big upside is, it shows that you are moving. Something I wish my Spot tracker you display. Wife hates the 10min lag on my Spot when I travel. But the spot is cheaper than US data plans when I travel south of the boarder.

• Member Contributer

I use Gas Cubby (paid version, $2.99) to track maintenance.

• Member Contributer

I run "InstaMapper GPS Tracker" on long distance motorcycle trips so that family at home can keep track of my progress and location.

I like it 'cept for one thing...it shows your mph...and once my spousal unit found that, I'd be in the doghouse when I got home for sure!

Pirelli Diablo SuperBiker is an awesome app, it logs speed and coordinates and best of all it also logs lean angle :P give it a look you'll love it.

Thanks for the tip! Found it for the Android and it is excellent!

+1 on that one. Uses very little data as well. The big upside is, it shows that you are moving. Something I wish my Spot tracker you display. Wife hates the 10min lag on my Spot when I travel. But the spot is cheaper than US data plans when I travel south of the boarder.

Cool app, but how do I turn it "off" now. I don't particularly want to be tracked 24/7

• Member Contributer

I use an android app called Glympse so I can send my wife my coordinates for up to four hours at a time. Easy to use with its 'favorites' function. Just two taps to send a glympse to her cell.

Cool app, but how do I turn it "off" now. I don't particularly want to be tracked 24/7

On my phone I have to launch it for it to start tracking. When I return from my travels I hit the menu button and touch exit and it closes and doesn't track again until I launch the app again.

On my phone I have to launch it for it to start tracking. When I return from my travels I hit the menu button and touch exit and it closes and doesn't track again until I launch the app again.

I just read the FAQ's and on the iPhone 4S it doesn't run in the backround, only when the open is opened up. Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

I've got the following:

- Glympse (tracks location even in the background, great interface, but only tracks for up to 4 hours at a time)

There are other options for gps tracking, I'd love one like Glypmse that allows unlimited tracking length AND background tracking

- EveryTrail (tracks my location so I can view the entire trip at a later date. Really cool to keep these all around for future browsing)

- GreatestRoad This app ROCKS!! It's a database of good motorcycle rides with reviews, and with the most recent update it will even load the rides up into Navigon for you so you can just let the GPS app tell you where to turn to stay on the same route.

I travel for work, so I have Navigon, TomTom, and Garmin GPS apps. After using all three for litterally tens of thousands of miles, TomTom is the best routing/traffic avoidance (but is extremely chatty, it'll give you twice as many instructions as are necessary). Garmin is by far the nicest interface (but TERRIBLE routing) and Navigon has the most features/is best all around.

• 9 months later...

Instamapper closed down December 13th 2012.

Not a app but I use fuelly.com to log fill ups. I can text my odometer, gas price and litres and it will log it. for multiple vehicles I can assign a letter to add to the beginning of the text and any text after the litres is put into a note section. There is also a city vs highway recording.

I have downloaded the Pirelli app. I'll check it out when the roads get better.

• 1 month later...

I just downloaded Cobra iradar, great concept if enough people start using it. It allows people to report speed traps at the tap of a button on the home screen to alert others using the app. Has a gps based speedo, compass heading, volt meter and maps. You can also purchase a cobra radar detector that will link up to it via bluetooth.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived