Scored Some New (for me) Riding Gear!

goose

• Member Contributer

So, sometimes C-list comes thru with bonus'... not always but this time it did! Been looking for riding gear, since I gave mine away to my stepson when he decided to start riding. Found a Joe Rocket jacket with gloves advertised. Thought the jacket would be too big but arranged a meeting anyway.

Turns out the jacket is a near perfect fit. "Maybe" a very little too big in the shoulders, but I would have to buy off the rack to get a better fit! The gloves, never worn for riding, are snug like they should be and will stretch a little with wear - perfect!

Then, the guy pulls out the unexpected bonus. A Shoei RF1000 in matching colors! I thought, no way dude... This surely won't fit me. I've got a pretty big melon at 7 5/8 - 7 3/4 and have had trouble with fit in the stores! Guess what? Another perfect fit... This just isn't supposed to happen this way! And in colors to match the new ride!

I'm still shaking my head in disbelief. All this gear for a hundred and fitty... bow.gif

Now the search for pants and boots!

DSCN0346.jpg

DSCN0347.jpg

DSCN0348.jpg

• Member Contributer

Nice score. I like the jacked with the leather on the shoulders/elbows. Tried to find it up here with zero luck. Deal of the week !!!!!!

• Member Contributer

Great find on the jacket and gloves. Even better that they fit.

I sincerely hope that the helmet is new. Otherwise give it a very good looking over. Helmets go in the same group of items as climbing rope. That is, you should never buy them used since you don't know how worn they are.

• Member Contributer

Great find on the jacket and gloves. Even better that they fit.

I sincerely hope that the helmet is new. Otherwise give it a very good looking over. Helmets go in the same group of items as climbing rope. That is, you should never buy them used since you don't know how worn they are.

Good advice.

In this case, based on the apparent lack of wear of the jacket and gloves and the fact the helmet looks new in the picture, chances are you got a terrific deal.

• Member Contributer

With that kind of luck maybe you should be looking for a bike on CL too . . . the ad would probably be something like "2001 VFR, 1,750 miles, ridden by a little old lady to church on Sundays. Must sell. $2,000 or best offer." Then when you got there she would say "you know, I also have this other wheel I need to get rid of - you can have it with the bike. I don't think it's worth anything - it has 8 spokes . . . " :smile:

• Member Contributer

With that kind of luck maybe you should be looking for a bike on CL too . . . the ad would probably be something like "2001 VFR, 1,750 miles, ridden by a little old lady to church on Sundays. Must sell. $2,000 or best offer." Then when you got there she would say "you know, I also have this other wheel I need to get rid of - you can have it with the bike. I don't think it's worth anything - it has 8 spokes . . . " :smile:

LOL... Yeah I don't think lightening is going to strike twice here... :laugh:

Archived