Allen bolt caps

I'm missing a couple of the little black allen bolt caps. Not sure which bolts had caps from factory, if any. Does anyone know the answer to this question and/or where I might be best buying these things?

I'd like to even the look up. If I can't find more I may just remove them all. It might look tacky if all the major bolts have caps, for example the two belly pan bolts.

Looking at a pic of my bike I see two for each side panel, one visible each side for the belly pan and one each side for the bottom of the side cover/tail unit.

• Member Contributer

Are you talking about the caps for the grab rails? Wait, you can't be you don't have a sixth gen...

Take a look in my gallery, you may see the upper/mid fairing bolt has a little black cap covering the hex. I've tried to upload some better pics lately but the uploader is not working here at work (Windows XP with IE7... :rolleyes: )

If these weren't factory fitted then maybe the previous owner added them. I should go to a bolt and fastener shop and see what they have. If it looks good I will keep them, else I will take them all out.

Edit: I have managed to upload new pics, but now I can't gallery post the buggers!

McMaster Carr are a company in the 'States that sell almost everything. They sell plastic inserts that press into the hex recess of

Allen bolts.Don't know if they have a representative in OZ.

• Member Contributer

No mate, they're not factory. And neither are the "Force V4" and "Pro Arm" stickers, or the RHS crank case cover with the "HONDA" letters painted/exposed, so somebody's been doin' some customising!

The only hex bolt caps I've ever seen are the alloy ones sold by outfits like Pro Bolt. Good luck.

Ciao,

I do like the VFR sticker.

That is the standard OE item for European and possibly ROW bikes on the 4th Gen - see my French / UK model pic in the gallery here.

ProBolt offers a range of different colour socket head bolt caps as shown here. Other suppliers are available.

I didn't think the VFR sticker was any different. That one is stock. The previous owner has part numbers for the other stickers listed in the paperwork and manual. The Pro-Arm sticker is off the Aussie equivalent of the Super Hawk - think ours was called the Revere. I believe the ForceV4 stickers are RC45 items. Honda on the belly pan, who knows! White Honda lettering on the clutch cover I thought was standard!

Either way I love the little touches. Nothing more will be done to her visually though. In the meantime, if the caps weren't standard I will remove them. I doubt chrome caps would look any good. Exposed bolt heads kinda looks more racy, but that's at the level of splitting hairs.

Cheers!

• Member Contributer

Good lookin' Gen Four. I like it! Cool black fork covers.

- see my French / UK model pic in the gallery here.

I've got a UK reg '97 which has a French language VIN plate on it, and French language noise output/silencer sticker on the other side of the frame - is this the case with yours? Mine was registered as new in the UK, and though it has a mph speedo face (which is accurate) it still records distance in kms.

• 3 months later...

Sorry, I missed this post.

My 750FR was imported by the previous owner to me. He fitted a MPH speedo but not the necessary sender to make it work right! After going everywhere at 3/4 speed I twigged and sourced the correct item to have speed and odometer in miles.

It had French VIN but I don't remember the noise item. It came with a French MIG high level can. I fitted a UK headlight and modified the leccy to suit with an extra relay for the dip.

I killed it under the rear of a car that decided a gap was too narrow just as I decided she was going thru'! There's pix in my gallery.

post-4110-0-49815200-1334615425.jpg

Archived