Nickel plating take 2

Guest JeffLaurence

Guest JeffLaurence

Went to the right shop this time--New Toro-- just west of Keele, south of #407. Kinda pricey, but I got the bike for only $1750, so I don't mind spending a bit on what I want. I also wanted to keep the centre

stand.post-23639-0-79459900-1323910925.jpgpost-23639-0-97558400-1323911002.jpg

That looks amazing.

Take the pics with the heat shield that sits on the RH footpeg removed, in fact with that coating you may be able to leave the heat shield off altogether?

Take the pics with the heat shield that sits on the RH footpeg removed, in fact with that coating you may be able to leave the heat shield off altogether?

Really won't make a difference to the amount if heat rejected by the pipes. The nickel is great for corrosion resistance, but that's about it.

It also doesn't turn blue like chrome, rather a somewhat nice golden hue when heated.

Ok, it cost me $425, pipes I beadblasted at work, they polished them a bit , then plated them.

Everything I've read about painting headers has ended in less than great results.

Stainless headers would mean I loose my centre stand, so I thought this would be my best solution.

YMMV

Archived