ELF Pro-Arm Swingarm badge available?

Veefer800Canuck

So I stripped my swingarm for powdercoating, and the badge had some previous damage. Peeling it off the swingarm destroyed it totally of course, so I figured I could get a new one from Honda, and stick it on afterwards.

I just checked the fiche, and looking at the "swingarm" page, I see no badge.

Also looked on the "marks" page, which has all the decals listed, but no badge.

And lastly, looked on the "warning labels" page, zero, nada.

Am I looking in the wrong place? Can anyone direct me to the part number, or is it not avaliable separately from the swingarm?

So I stripped my swingarm for powdercoating, and the badge had some previous damage. Peeling it off the swingarm destroyed it totally of course, so I figured I could get a new one from Honda, and stick it on afterwards.

I just checked the fiche, and looking at the "swingarm" page, I see no badge.

Also looked on the "marks" page, which has all the decals listed, but no badge.

And lastly, looked on the "warning labels" page, zero, nada.

Am I looking in the wrong place? Can anyone direct me to the part number, or is it not avaliable separately from the swingarm?

IIRC, Elf ceased to exist as a company in the early 2000's, taken over by the other Euro oil comapny TOTAL.

I wonder if Honda decided to pull anything that had to do with Elf off their spare parts stocks after the company was eaten up by TOTAL.

If that's the case, your only option might be to find a replacement from a cycle salvage company or come accross one in a dealer's parts warehouse.

Beck

95 VFR

Yeah, you guys beat me to it, I eventually found it. I guess I need glasses or something.

87521-ML0-731 is correct. It WAS under the caution label page after all. That's what I get for posting at 4:30 AM.

If anyone is wondering, the label is the same from the Hawk GT all the way up to the 2009 VFR800, and also the VFR400s sold overseas.

I'll leave this thread here as a monument to my stupidity, and also for anyone else needing the information in the future.

How much is Mother Honda charging for that sticky bit of aluminum nowadays?

If you ever have to remove it again, wind some guitar string onto a hacksaw frame and use that along with some WD40 to cut the thing off without harming the plate.

$5.18 from Ron Ayers, dunno how much my local Honda dealer wants for it.

The badge was already damaged from before, remember it was a used swingarm, and it had some dents in it that looked like rough handling after removal.

I gently ground off the casting flash from the forward sections of the swingarm pivot, degreased it, and carefully glass-bead blasted the swingarm in prep for the powdercoating.

Where are those guys who ask how to remove decals and placards? Maybe someone doesn't want their Elf badge. Nice pic of the frame on the chair BTW - doesn't look like you got any overspray on it (wink)...

Leduc? I was in your neck of the woods today, well, almost.....

Dropped my swingarm off at Perfection Powdercoating in the West End. 168th and 110th.

Should be done Monday or Tuesday.

Also picked up some bits at Riverside Honda. Cush drive rubbers.

Go figure, just got off the phone with Ron Ayers, and it's available? So I ordered it.

He said that some parts are available in the states that are not available in Canada, and vice versa? Don't understand Honda's logic on that one, but......

And I got my order confirmation/invoice email from them about 10 seconds after I hung up!

Service!!!

I am just going to get a decal made up for mine, same style as the metal badge but much larger. Mine metal badge is damaged too.

If you want the metal look, then have a logo printed on a clear vinyl background. Stick it on a piece of aluminum flashing then stick that to the arm with 3M double sided tape. If you sand the flashing lightly with 500 grit paper or a scuff pad, you'll get the brushed look of the original.

If you want the metal look, then have a logo printed on a clear vinyl background. Stick it on a piece of aluminum flashing then stick that to the arm with 3M double sided tape. If you sand the flashing lightly with 500 grit paper or a scuff pad, you'll get the brushed look of the original.

:fing02:

At this rate I'm going to have to credit half of my build to you :comp13: (that would be the half that has actually been completed so far)

Yeah, I'm in Leduc - it's good for finding fasteners, being attached to the Nisku industrial area. Probably good for getting stuff sandblasted, powdercoated or machined/welded too. Been drooling over your bike pics. It looks great - you've done an excellent job. We'll have to meet up and go for a ride or two once the weather turns...

Archived