to all the frankenviffers, this one's mine, VFR750RR

Guest onespeedpaul

• Member Contributer

Flooding carbs can mean debris in the needle valve seat of the carb (I think I got the terminology right)... Even the tiniest speck can cause issues. Just a thought.

Good Luck!

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thankfully it's not flooding anymore.

I need to figure out a brake side retarder solution, neither te VFR one or 900rr seem like they're going to be easy.

Anyways, I'm still waiting on my muffler packing and ytz10s battery to arrive and I should at a minimum be able to get a test ride around the block. In the meantime here's a pic: zapuba9a.jpg

Muffler packing and battery arrived. Really need to figure out what's up with carbs, first off the old fuel pump was as full of stalagmites as the original tank and carbs were, so I'm running it off gravity right now so it could be as simple as I need to put a pump inline, second could be needs synced, or maybe it just needs ran? It will fire up just fine from cold, but seems to cycle between bogging/starving an running real good. I've gotten it up tonoperating temp once an if I left it idling for long it stalls and wants to bog/starve. Anyways, thoughts from the crowd?

When i opened the float bowls I pulled a random jet and it was open and really clean inside.

So, Not a huge need for the fuel pump unless it drops below a certain level?

Also I found a line off the carbs that looks like maybe some sort of vacuum line or return? I didn't think carb'ed bikes had return....

Nope, no return on these fuel systems, maybe post a pic and someone can identify. You can run gravity feed indefinitely, just don't run the tank dry, as it can be a pain to get the carbs primed without the pump. I've been running gravity feed on my bike for well over a year with no problems whatsoever

Yah I should have thought to snag a pic when the tank was off this morn. If it helps, it's a fuel line sized hose higher and slightly to the right if the fuel tee. Haha, I really don't think it's another fuel line, it's firing on all four the minute or so it runs right

i just remembered I had the old carbs this thing came with, the hose I'm talking about is off the angled four way connection. I have the biggest one and both fuel

Lines connected, just need to know where the other goes and hopefully it's the source of my problems!

nytasy8e.jpg

It was the plugged vent hose causing the inconsistency. Runs much more reliably now, can tell they need synced, probably incorrectly jetted too.

Now I need to figure out why it's stalling when shifted into first. It rolls around fine in gear with the clutch pulled. Side stand switch perhaps?

It was the plugged vent hose causing the inconsistency. Runs much more reliably now, can tell they need synced, probably incorrectly jetted too.

I just rode around the block on it I went with 16/43 but first gear seems too low.

Thinking I should go all black on the tank front fairing and front fender. Also probably going to try and drop the subframe by 1/2 to 3/4 inch if possible. a4eba6e8.jpg

I thought you said first gear was too low? Dropping a tooth on the front is only going to make that worse.

Glad you got the bike together, can't wait to see it painted.

BTW, black has been done to death. Crash bike, paint black, done.

That's why I went with something different for mine, white/black/grey/red.

• 4 weeks later...

Rode it around a little today, had to bleed the clutch a couple times while out, it kept pumping up for some reason? Also I think the R/R fried, it started stumbling like low fuel or low battery, and the R/R was wayyyy hot.

egyquta3.jpg

Quit a project to have while finnishing the house!

You will have a stunning bike I think.

I do think its funny, the 900rr guys put VFRsssa on thir RR´s, and we take their there RR swings and put them on VFR´s.

How mutch does the wheelbase differ whit the RR swingarm?

Archived