Which boots?

jim v

• Member Contributer

I'm in the market for 2 pairs of new boots - I need a track pair and a street pair.

track pair - protection most important, then durability and price. I see a lot of track day riders wearing Sidi's, how does VFRD feel about them? other recommendations?

street pair - not a looking for a boot really, but something more like a pair of high top sneakers. more protection the my regular footwear, but wouldn't be noticed by non-riders under a pair of jeans. comfort and cost are most important

and if you know where to get them at discount don't be shy with that info :biggrin: I've had good experiences with newenough so I'll probably go with them again but would be willing to try another vendor if the price was right......

jim

• Member Contributer

Not sure about the track pair, but for your street boots you want a pair of Icon Accelerants. They usually run about $125, but are worth it.

I would highly recommend them. They are light, waterproof (well, for a while, at least) look like normal shoes, offer good protection for what they are, and are the most comfortable piece of footwear I own.

I have two pair of SIDI boots - they are fantastic. They are the best boots I've worn. I have a pair of sport touring waterproof boots (SIDI Fusion Rain) and a pair of adventure boots (SIDI Adventure Rain)

They instantly feel like 'old boots' that you've worn forever. They are also the best boots dollar-for-dollar that you can buy in my opinion.

They also have a Streetburner low cut boot that might fit the bill for you running around town.

• Member Contributer

Another :fing02: for SIDI. Recently "stole" a pair of new Rain Way boots for $120 shipped. Used them for a recent 1200 mile trip that included a heavy all day rain and they performed flawlessly. Very comfortable and 100% rain proof.

• Member Contributer

Sidi Vortice are my tracks and 15 yearold Sidi's are my street boots, couldn't tell ya the model. Love em, the Vortices are a pain to put on though, give yourself time to get em on, otherwise they are the shyte. A-Stars are great for the $$ from what I hear but the Sidi's fit my feet better. For street if you wanna save $$ check out Sedici's at Cycle Gear, they look good for $140.00...

• Member Contributer

I like the Daytona Security Evo boot forr the track - for the street I wear Daytona Evo Sport (not what your looking for thought). They are great boots - served me well in a crash. Nice part is you can just replace the outer boot/skin. Inner will last for years. Pricet but worth it in my opinion.

http://www.daytona.de/english/boots_e/race.html

Archived