What are your honest thoughts on this colour combination?

jay-d

Looks ok. Would look sexy with gold too.

Here's my 1981 CB900F that I painted Pearl Cosmic Black(06 VFR black), with gold wheels.

7e1fd654.jpg

c2a5f7ba.jpg

If you look up member 46alpha's gallery, he has pics of gold wheels on his 06 too.

Invisible chain. Sweet. :biggrin:

• Member Contributer

I've never seen black on white rims and I'm always up for being different. Ahh.. I don't mind cleaning them lol, that's part of owning a bike !

I had white wheels on my CBR. Clean 'em real well and then put on a coat of wax and after each ride give them a quick wipe. With the SSA and centrestand the rear wheel is easy. The front is harder to reach all the nooks but if you wipe it around the rim that goes a long way towards keeping it look clean.

I am grateful for the black wheels on my VFR because I'm a lazy bastard now.

But in answer to your question, I think it looks great, and hey, for a relatively low cost you'll have a unique looking VFR,

Guest Rufrydrsc2up

Looks good to me but those white wheels are a pain in the arse to keep clean.

Rollin

Not if they are powdercoated. Any dust or grime I get on my rims wipes right off with your finger. It takes me no more time to clean my bike now w/ white rims than it did with the factory silver powdercoating. Of course if you are incredibly anal about any brake dust or dirt being on your bike at any time..........leave it in the garage and sit on it and make noises.

• Member Contributer

Go for it!

I too prefer the gold/black combo, but only if an effort is made to remove any other colors/finishes (silver, polished/chromed).

I have a thing for two-color themes or two-color schemes with understated color accents.

Obviously it's impossible to completely accomplish that (rotor surfaces).

I also like the black wheel or polished wheel treatment, as it reduces the colors to silver/polished/chrome and black.

• 1 month later...

Looks good to me but those white wheels are a pain in the arse to keep clean.

Rollin

Not if they are powdercoated. Any dust or grime I get on my rims wipes right off with your finger. It takes me no more time to clean my bike now w/ white rims than it did with the factory silver powdercoating. Of course if you are incredibly anal about any brake dust or dirt being on your bike at any time..........leave it in the garage and sit on it and make noises.

Just thought i would give you all in little laugh, i recently had my bike parked outside a friends house. We were sitting in the kitchen discussing powder coating (He is PC'ing my 8 spoke Black) looking at our bikes and a middle aged man came up next to ours on a scooter and sat on my bike and made the noises and even took a racing position on the bike. We laughed so hard he heard us and i dropped the coffee over myself. Funniest thing i have seen in years. Sorry i did not get my phone out in time to video, but i tried.

• 4 weeks later...

Jeez some of you guys can photoshop!

White wheels on the black 6th Gen.............. YES :fing02:

Gold................ Not so much

I see Im a bit late on the reply but just my 2c

YES YES

Archived