Joe Rocket Speedmaster 5.0 Two Piece Suit

SEBSPEED

Anyone have one? How's it held up for you?

Sizing?

I wish they came perforated!! The 1-piece version comes with perforated panels, but I prefer a 2 piece.

• Member Contributer

Sizing?

I wish they came perforated!! The 1-piece version comes with perforated panels, but I prefer a 2 piece.

Ask Baileyrock to bring his leather punch to TMac! :fing02:

In general the Speedmaster line is pretty good. Friend of mine had one several years ago, and it seemed to hold up fine.

I really like the Speedmaster gloves!

Seb, I have the original Speedmaster 5.0 jacket and pants (not sure why they didn't update the number on the new one) and it's perforated, sorry :mellow: I've had it for about 2 years now and have put it through a low side slide and tumble at about 60 mph down the asphalt and some gravel. It held up nicely and is still completely in tact; only a few scuffs and a lost patch to show for the off.

Sizing - I have a size 48 jacket and a size 38 pants. The jacket is a little long in the arms and loose in the chest/stomach area and the pants are a little large in the waste for me at 6'4" and 195 lbs. I could easily go 46/36 and be comfortable. I've owned a few different JR products and the sizing has been pretty consistent, not sure if you want to gamble on the new one based on mine but thought I'd offer it up.

post-20693-0-68380600-1304348269_thumb.j

• Member Contributer

Sizing?

I had the perforated pants. Just sold them on eBay a couple of weeks ago. I replaced them with Vanson pants.

SO. I had a set of size 38 pants, I normally wear a 36-32 jean. The 38's were skin tight, with the hip padding in, I could barely close them. Pretty comfortable once on though, and my wife liked how they looked. Admittedly track pants are supposed to be tight. They weren't bad, the knee armor always bothered me, I'd have to shift it around after getting my feet up on the pegs (pretty much every time). The leather is fine, though nothing like the vanson leather when it comes to thickness. Maybe if I had the size 40 I would have liked them more, I'm not sure. The wrinkle leather at the back for bending over worked well. I had sewn in a Joe Rocket zipper into my vanson jacket, and that worked out pretty well.

Dan

I have an older pair of Speedmaster pants (non-perf) and a JR jacket(non-perf), and over this last winter, I grew out of them... :blush:

I thought maybe I could lose the weight before TMAC, but it's not looking good... :blush: Might have to bite the bullet and buy new(bigger). I swore I would only get perforated stuff next time round, but then again, I do own a punch set myself too.

I like how the new jacket has the hump built in.

DP, did you buy yours as a 2 piece, or separately? If as a 2pc, how's the jacket wear by itself?

EDIT: Currently wear 33-32 Levis(Waist-Inseam). The JR pants that don't close anymore are 36's. The jacket fits, but very tightly. Both items were snug before, now it's just too much.

I've got an older speedmaster jacket (my second), and had the perforated speedmaster pants that mated up to the jacket. Both held up well in a slow speed slide (45-50kms/h) across 3 lanes into a shallow ditch. The rocket lettering on the for arm started to scuff off and the pants were lightly scuffed from ankle to hip. If I could find another pair of pants for cheap I'd snap them up (wife permitting lol)

I wear 36 jeans and the 36 speedmaster pants fit perfectly. I find the sizing to be similar to Fieldsheer radar suits if that helps, but slightly smaller than a teknic in the same size.

I have an older pair of Speedmaster pants (non-perf) and a JR jacket(non-perf), and over this last winter, I grew out of them... :blush:

I thought maybe I could lose the weight before TMAC, but it's not looking good... :blush: Might have to bite the bullet and buy new(bigger). I swore I would only get perforated stuff next time round, but then again, I do own a punch set myself too.

I like how the new jacket has the hump built in.

DP, did you buy yours as a 2 piece, or separately? If as a 2pc, how's the jacket wear by itself?

EDIT: Currently wear 33-32 Levis(Waist-Inseam). The JR pants that don't close anymore are 36's. The jacket fits, but very tightly. Both items were snug before, now it's just too much.

I bought the jacket first and the pants much later, wore the jacket solo with some Teknic jeans up to then. I wear the jacket all the time and it does great...the ONLY complaint I can really come up with is that it doesn't have any exterior pockets and only one interior (chest) pocket. I went with this one because I have always had to lug a backpack to and from work so the hump wasn't an option for me. The perforation works well in conjunction with the vents and provides decent airflow even when the temps approach triple digits (as long as you can keep moving :fing02: ). The liner does a decent job of blocking wind in cooler temps, but anything below 40ish F and you're going to need some additional layers or electrics.

I typically wear a 32-34 waist and the 38 pants are plenty comfortable.

• Member Contributer

http://www.motorcyclegear.com/street/suits/leather_racing_suits/agv/palomar_two_piece_leather_motorcycle_race_suit.html

I've held some of their stuff at the motorcycle show and it felt like it was well made. And you get a free pair of gloves. Just tossing an alternative. Could have sworn A* had one of their 2-pc on closeout for a while now as well.

The JR doesn't look bad either.

Seb,

Check out this company up in NY, they do everything leather or Textile.

As I'm getting Old & Slow I was thinking of something like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260772892486&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AVRI

Haven't tried them yet though.

BR

Seb,

Check out this company up in NY, they do everything leather or Textile.

As I'm getting Old & Slow I was thinking of something like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260772892486&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AVRI

Haven't tried them yet though.

BR

I was heavily considering them about a month ago. At the time I decided that I'd rather try to lose the weight and fit into my old stuff for 3 reasons: 1, it was the healthy & cheap choice, 2, there's a 3-4 week lead time on the custom stuff - if it didn't fit, I'd be screwed on getting a replacement in time, 3, lack of internet reviews on stuff bought from them.

So, now I'm here a month later, no weight loss to speak of, and need to find leathers that fit in the next 11 days... :comp13:

I'd still like to try the ebay vendor, since custom fit would be so nice if they got it right! Will have to put it off until the ole' bank account recovers.

seb...I have a rapidly developing plan. I may be the proud owner of some Vanson 1 piece leathers in the next coupla days. that may open up the AGV 48s for your riding pleasure.

seb...I have a rapidly developing plan. I may be the proud owner of some Vanson 1 piece leathers in the next coupla days. that may open up the AGV 48s for your riding pleasure.

Standing by...

seb...I have a rapidly developing plan. I may be the proud owner of some Vanson 1 piece leathers in the next coupla days.

the aforementioned Vanson. Let the monkeyshines ensue

1304738573.jpg

I have 3 new Speedmaster 5.0 2pc suits in 46, 48, size 50 on the way from newenough... should be here on Tuesday! :cheerleader: Their awesome return policy lets me order all those suits, and return some or all of them for $8.99 return shipping. :fing02:

Archived