Tank Bags

CHUCK2

• Member Contributer

I don't have one yet but for those of you with tank bags, are you ever concerned about theft from them or the entire bag being stolen?

• Member Contributer

I carry all my important stuff in tank bag with a tether.

Its a small one, cortech supermini, magnetic flaps fold in and it leaves when I do.

I carry it, its my mans purse, and would never leave it on bike.

If you have soft luggage or a tank bag...you can buy a PACSAFE and lock it up to your bike.

I've never had a tank bag stolen, but I don't leave it on the bike overnight. I did have a helmet stolen once-they cut the strap right off the helmet lock. That really sucked! So now I always carry my helmet with me.

• Member Contributer

Never leave home without my tankbag, but also never leave it on, unless I have eyes on the bike...

• Member Contributer

I have 2 different sized magnetic tank bags, that I never use anymore since I got the hard cases. But I never left them on the bike when I did use them.

• Member Contributer

I leave my tank bag on the bike for short stops, but anything of value is either on me or locked in my trunk. If I leave the bike for an extended period, I take the bag with me, or run a cable lock through the handle.

• Member Contributer

Mines two piece so I can take the top part of it with me (it also has back strap straps ). That just leaves the bottom side at the bike. So really nothing worth stealing.

There's a lot of systems to ward off people from messing with your stuff Hard bags, lockable tank bags, etc. The only way to be sure is take it with you. I feel much better not even leaving my bike out of sight, but not always do-able.

• Member Contributer

I pull out Pocket Sniper and punt him to an adjacent roof to Protect.

Mine's always in a garage of some sort, but the times I've left the bag on (and worried the whole time), haven't gotten it stolen. I have the super miniature Cortech.

Archived