The VFR is just a cool bike....

91rc

• Member Contributer

Thought I'd share a short article I came across. Enjoying ownership of my second vfr....wish I had discovered this bike as soon as some of you guys. In 2003 I was browsing my local Honda dealerships website and clicked on a bike that looked awesome to me....an 02 vfr. Knowing nothing about the bike, I rode down only to take a look at it. The salesman told me it was a "gentlemans" bike, and his personal favorite. (Quite a pitch huh?) Anyway, I singed the papers and rode it home. Now riding a 3rd gen and enjoying every minute. Thanks for all the shared info here at vfrd.

http://www.visordown.com/features/the-honda-vfr-story/16121.html

Thought I'd share a short article I came across. Enjoying ownership of my second vfr....wish I had discovered this bike as soon as some of you guys. In 2003 I was browsing my local Honda dealerships website and clicked on a bike that looked awesome to me....an 02 vfr. Knowing nothing about the bike, I rode down only to take a look at it. The salesman told me it was a "gentlemans" bike, and his personal favorite. (Quite a pitch huh?) Anyway, I singed the papers and rode it home. Now riding a 3rd gen and enjoying every minute. Thanks for all the shared info here at vfrd.

Congrats! The VFR is new to me as well. I got my 03 last April and I'm really enjoying after coming from a 2001 Yamaha FZ1 (which I LOVE and miss). The VFR is what I like to call "a poor man's BMW". Its pretty refined, smooth, not over your head, but still quite capable.

Congrats! The VFR is new to me as well. I got my 03 last April and I'm really enjoying after coming from a 2001 Yamaha FZ1 (which I LOVE and miss). The VFR is what I like to call "a poor man's BMW". Its pretty refined, smooth, not over your head, but still quite capable.

The VFR is the SMART man's BMW, our rear suspension links don't snap randomly at will of the gods........... :laughing6-hehe: :lobby:

• Member Contributer

I like VFR's too and since I am twice the gentleman as most of you here I had to buy two VFR's LOL !!

Rollin

I like VFR's too and since I am twice the gentleman as most of you here I had to buy two VFR's LOL !!

Rollin

John's Creek huh?! We need to ride sometime!

i really liked the article, the best part was the last two paragraphs :happy: but what i liked the most was "To me, the VFR was, is, and always will be a Japanese BMW. And you can take that whichever way you like." :fing02:

And I've had people think it was a Ducati. :laughing6-hehe:

Nice article, thanks. :fing02:

And I've had people think it was a Ducati. :laughing6-hehe:

Nice article, thanks. :fing02:

Lee - I've had at least a half dozen folks ask me if it was a Ducati (especially when I had my tank bag hiding the Honda logo).

Maybe I should say yes and see what happens.........?

• Member Contributer

Ken say yes only to women...

As for the article, I find it very interesting. Thanks for the link Makes me want to buy a second VFR... :)

• Member Contributer

I too am asked "what is it" often. The funny thing is a Duc Dude friend of mine turned me on to the VFR

"So, looking back on the VFR's life, how should it be remembered?"

Erm, I didn't realize it had gone away. Didn't Honda recently release a 1200 version? I think the author of this article has assigned a premature death to our bikes. WTF?

• Member Contributer

Thanks, great article. Right at the end put it best, "However you feel about VFRs, you can't refute the beauty of the compact V4 design, a layout which made the bike as attractive with its bodywork off as on. As reliable as a Swiss watch, while the VFR may often be copied, it will never be bettered."fing02.gif

• Member Contributer

I too am asked "what is it" often. The funny thing is a Duc Dude friend of mine turned me on to the VFR

Me too! My buddy rides a Duc ST3s.

Archived