SOLO RACK INTEREST - 6Th GEN's

KanadianKen

I've been out of stock on 6th Gen Solo Racks for some time, and wondered if there is interest in my doing up another run?

If you have a 6th Gen VFR (2002 - 2009) and want to buy a Solo Rack to use to mount a hard bag over the pillion location - please let me know.

One change will be happening with the new batch (if I do one) - and that will be the deletion of the laser cut VFR logo in the mount base.

Expected cost will be $120 USD.

Here are some pics of the Rack:

IMG_7503.jpg

IMG_4608_3_1.jpg

IMG_4610_5_1.jpg

IMG_4620_13_1.jpg

It mounts using the grab handles - and will still allow the seat to be removed - with the rack in place.

I need to make sure there are enough folks interested. (Minimum of 25 needed)

I will ship this anywhere - custom forms are no big deal. Pricing and shipping costs still to be firmed up.

Thanks.

• Member Contributer

Now that the wife has her own ride I am interested. That would allow me to remove the mounting bars that come with the Givi kit and allow me to put my solo seat cover on my bike for a change! :biggrin:

Edit: This will work with the Givi side case racks correct?

• Member Contributer

Interested!! Very, very interested!!

My current Givi plate is mounted to a Ventura sports rack, and that just bent way out of shape as soon as I had any weight in the box and hit a bump. :(

Now that the wife has her own ride I am interested. That would allow me to remove the mounting bars that come with the Givi kit and allow me to put my solo seat cover on my bike for a change! :biggrin:

YES - I run Givi side racks and cases - works just fine.

Good start to my survey so far - If I can get a couple 5 or 6 more YES's - then I shall go into the laboratory and get things going.

Need the YES's still....

Thanks all.

p.s. - if I do this run of Solo Racks - I'll be contributing 1 to the TMAC event as a prize for an attendee. I'll even install it at the event - come on MAY !!

• Member Contributer

YES - I run Givi side racks and cases - works just fine.

:fing02:

• Member Contributer

I've been out of stock on 6th Gen Solo Racks for some time, and wondered if there is interest in my doing up another run?

i'd be in for one

jim

• 2 weeks later...

Ok - I"m convinced that enough folks want one, to do another batch.

I'll get going on an ETA for finished product - and will update this as I find out. Typically I have to get the jobs squeezed into "downtime" at the shop I use - so I'm at the mercy of how good business is.

Thanks for the input - more details will come as soon as I get them.

(Sorry - no 5th Gen racks are going to be built at this time.)

• 3 weeks later...

I should have some firm progress to report on the Rack manufacture and pricing shortly. I had to get some drawings redone, and that caused a little delay.

I’m on it though!!

Thanks for asking.

I should have some firm progress to report on the Rack manufacture and pricing shortly. I had to get some drawings redone, and that caused a little delay.

I’m on it though!!

Thanks for asking.

SWEET ! I commute to work every day with by Givi Side Cases on and it gets a little hairy sometimes splitting lanes. I'm so looking forward to putting a case on the back instead for daily commuting. California drivers can be A@*holes when they see motorcycles splitting lanes.

Until then I'll be waiting patiently.

Thanks Ken!

Michael

• Member Contributer

I used this rack on my VFR for my cross country trip last year and it perfromed flawlessly. I just reinstalled it for my upcoming Florida trip in April. For those of you who might not have grab handles (like me), you can use simple bushings in place of the handles for a very solid mounting option; worked well for me.

Great product Ken. I hope you get enough interest for another production run.

Alien - thanks for the feedback - glad it worked out well for you!

UPDATE - I have the first one done and need to make sure that its got all the right dimensions compared to the last batch I did. I should be able to post up a price and estimated availability in the next couple days.

Thanks for the patience - the result is coming soon.

Archived