SOLO RACK INTEREST - 6Th GEN's

KanadianKen

Alien - thanks for the feedback - glad it worked out well for you!

UPDATE - I have the first one done and need to make sure that its got all the right dimensions compared to the last batch I did. I should be able to post up a price and estimated availability in the next couple days.

Thanks for the patience - the result is coming soon.

:fing02:

SWEET!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Hey Ken,

I just found this post, Wondering if it is too late to sign up for one of these

I am in AUstralia so I would expect to pay a bit extra in postage, Let me know

Tom

• 2 weeks later...

If you have a 6th Gen VFR (2002 - 2009) and want to buy a Solo Rack to use to mount a hard bag over the pillion location - please let me know.

One change will be happening with the new batch (if I do one) - and that will be the deletion of the laser cut VFR logo in the mount base.

Expected cost will be $120 USD.

I need to make sure there are enough folks interested. (Minimum of 25 needed)

I will ship this anywhere - custom forms are no big deal. Pricing and shipping costs still to be firmed up.

Thanks.

Hello Ken:

Just restating my interest in the rack(s) when you get them fabricated.

Just email me out here at Halfmoon Bay B.C. so moves can be made to procure one.

Thanks,

Sidesaddle

international_seaweed@telus.net

• Member Contributer

Anyone know there is a chanse this would fit a 5th gen? :huh:

Not likely. But that doesn't mean he doesn't have any of the 5th Gen ones in stock so I would suggest sending him a PM. :fing02:

• 2 weeks later...

Alien - thanks for the feedback - glad it worked out well for you!

UPDATE - I have the first one done and need to make sure that its got all the right dimensions compared to the last batch I did. I should be able to post up a price and estimated availability in the next couple days.

Thanks for the patience - the result is coming soon.

Hey Ken ~

Any status on the solo racks?

Thanks,

Michael

San Jose, CA

Primo - tell you what........... I'll build the 5th Gen racks again - but I need you to pay me for 25 of them up front. Then - when I sell the other 24 (likely 1a year and a half later) you'll have your money back! :) Sorry man - not enough interest from the last time I did 5th Gens.

However - the 6th Gen Racks are at powder coaters right now - and I'm told that they are doing a high gloss black run before weeks end!! I might have these suckers by the weekend!!

I'll report back as soon as I can. (I'm at the mercy of the shops that fit my stuff in with their bigger runs).

Primo - tell you what........... I'll build the 5th Gen racks again - but I need you to pay me for 25 of them up front. Then - when I sell the other 24 (likely 1a year and a half later) you'll have your money back! :) Sorry man - not enough interest from the last time I did 5th Gens.

However - the 6th Gen Racks are at powder coaters right now - and I'm told that they are doing a high gloss black run before weeks end!! I might have these suckers by the weekend!!

I'll report back as soon as I can. (I'm at the mercy of the shops that fit my stuff in with their bigger runs).

Hey Ken ~

Sounds good. We appreciate the follow up and look forward to our new solo racks.

Michael

San Jose, Ca

Well - I was hoping to post up a pic of the completed (finished) powder coated racks tonight - but the powder coater wasn't able to do them yet.

I apologize for the delay - but its a little beyond my control - I could push the powder coater to get them done - but the costs would go way up. My order is small potatoes - and he's doing me a favour running these with other orders.

The racks are all cut and bent - powder is all we need..........

Hopefully only one more week. Again - sorry for the delay.

:beer:

Finally, Kanadian Ken's solo rack has reached The Netherlands. I have fitted it with Givi's largest top case: Maxia 3.

This is a solo rack of a previous production batch (with the laser cut VFR logo), not the batch Kanadian Ken is doing in March/April 2011.

post-20940-0-84757900-1301863554_thumb.j

Hows that saying go - "anything good is worth waiting for?" Well - then I guess a couple more days will only make these even better - right???????

Quick update - I was given the invoices tonight for the racks from the shops I used, so I've paid them - and I hope to have them in my hot little hands in the next day or two.

Once I get them - I'll go through this thread, and pm anyone that expressed interest to let them know I can ship.

I will gladly ship a rack ANYWHERE on this planet. We'll just have to work out any additional shipping charges that I haven't factored in to the price of $119.00 USD. (I have built in an average of $24.00 for North American destinations via the US Postal and Canada Post services.) Boxes and packing material are on me and my creative acquisition skills.......

Thanks for being patient. :fing02:

Ken says: "I will gladly ship a rack ANYWHERE on this planet. We'll just have to work out any additional shipping charges that I haven't factored in to the price of $119.00 USD. (I have built in an average of $24.00 for North American destinations via the US Postal and Canada Post services.) Boxes and packing material are on me and my creative acquisition skills......."

Very good news Ken. You persisted and we're going to get them in time for the riding season (give or take a few inches of snow).

I'll zip you a chq. and my address the moment you give us the green light.

Sidesaddle

Hows that saying go - "anything good is worth waiting for?" Well - then I guess a couple more days will only make these even better - right???????

Quick update - I was given the invoices tonight for the racks from the shops I used, so I've paid them - and I hope to have them in my hot little hands in the next day or two.

Once I get them - I'll go through this thread, and pm anyone that expressed interest to let them know I can ship.

I will gladly ship a rack ANYWHERE on this planet. We'll just have to work out any additional shipping charges that I haven't factored in to the price of $119.00 USD. (I have built in an average of $24.00 for North American destinations via the US Postal and Canada Post services.) Boxes and packing material are on me and my creative acquisition skills.......

Hello Ken ~

How would you prefer payment be made? I just want to be ready to pay you when the racks are ready to ship.

Michael

San Jose, CA

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Ken ~

How would you prefer payment be made? I just want to be ready to pay you when the racks are ready to ship.

Michael

San Jose, CA

SOLO RACKS are now ready to ship. Please go to the Bargain Finder forum. Details there.

thanks

Ken

Archived