Remove speed limitation

Dutchgixxer

Ok i think i found the way how to derestrict the speedlimitation of the VFR1200f.

The abs modulator has a output Vsp to both dash and ECU.

Remove Vsp (wire red/green black connector) to the ECU and gone is the limitation. No further concequenses are to be expected. Speed indication on the dash keeps working.

Not tested yet.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok i think i found the way how to derestrict the speedlimitation of the VFR1200f.

Remove Vsp (wire red/green black connector) to the ECU and gone is the limitation. No further concequenses are to be expected. Speed indication on the dash keeps working.

Not tested yet.

Please test your theory and let us know.

Flash

Not tested yet.

Just cut the wire?

Not tested yet.

Just cut the wire?

Yes or remove nicely from the black connector nr 27 ( you can put in the wire later back in if you want. So cutting the wire is not needed )

post-20539-055474600 1287175364_thumb.jp

• Member Contributer

Not tested yet.

Just cut the wire?

Yes or remove nicely from the black connector nr 27 ( you can put in the wire later back in if you want. So cutting the wire is not needed )

post-20539-055474600 1287175364_thumb.jp

Can this also be the case for the 1200 DCT?

Just opened up my tank and found my ECM. 4 connectors not 3. Any help with this? The schematics you posted were extremely helpful but don't want to cut/pull out the wrong wire I guess they were for the clutch version. :blush:

• Member Contributer

Looking forward to a GPS screenshot with the top speed...... :fing02:

Best head east across the border... :laughing6-hehe:

• Member Contributer

Is the stock HP not enough? My K1300s has more HP than I'll ever need on a public road, I cannot imagine the VFR1200 needing more than stock. But what do I know, maybe I am a slow rider...

I've had my VFR up over 250Km/h but no desire and no space here to safely go faster than that. I don't think I'll bother removing the limitation.

• Member Contributer

I've had my VFR up over 250Km/h but no desire and no space here to safely go faster than that. I don't think I'll bother removing the limitation.

Out of curiosity, when does the speed limiter kick in?

Mugello scrnsht 2010.bmp

@251 km/h 266km/h on the dash

• Member Contributer

Mugello scrnsht 2010.bmp

Only 6% speedo error on the new beast eh? My 2004 has about 8-9% error...

• Member Contributer

Mugello scrnsht 2010.bmp

Please tell me you don't want to go faster, unless you're on a race track... :blink: :blink: :blink:

c

Mugello scrnsht 2010.bmp

Please tell me you don't want to go faster, unless you're on a race track... :blink: :blink: :blink:

c

:tour: yess i want to get faster because i was overtaken by a 954 fireblade from 2002.

• Member Contributer

I figure its not possible to carry out this mod on the DCT as the ECM controls the gearbox as well as the engine. Seeing that is as it is, then, removing this Vsp will also disable the gearbox as the bike will not know what speed you are in and so will not change gears appropriately. :mad:

Just a thought. Any others?

I figure its not possible to carry out this mod on the DCT as the ECM controls the gearbox as well as the engine. Seeing that is as it is, then, removing this Vsp will also disable the gearbox as the bike will not know what speed you are in and so will not change gears appropriately. :mad:

Just a thought. Any others?

I think its not possible to remove the power restriction in 1 st and secondgear But its no problem to remove the VSP signal from the ecu.

Witch gear is desicided by trottle opening revs mode and selected gear. Should be working.

If not just remove mod.

• Member Contributer
I think its not possible to remove the power restriction in 1 st and secondgear But its no problem to remove the VSP signal from the ecu.

Witch gear is desicided by trottle opening revs mode and selected gear. Should be working.

If not just remove mod.

Thanks!

Any idea if the color coding for the wires might be the same for the FD as the F? Any idea if the Vsp wire also goes to the ECM via the same plug 27? FD version has 4 plugs to the ECM and not 3 like with the F.

Is the stock HP not enough? My K1300s has more HP than I'll ever need on a public road, I cannot imagine the VFR1200 needing more than stock. But what do I know, maybe I am a slow rider...

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think they are talking about the apparently excessive computer mandated power reduction in the first two gears under certain conditions. It seems to be a half-assed effort at traction control.

• Member Contributer

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think they are talking about the apparently excessive computer mandated power reduction in the first two gears under certain conditions. It seems to be a half-assed effort at traction control.

Right you are sir!!! As in wrong you are

We are talking about top speed on this thread!!! :fing02:

• Member Contributer

Mugello scrnsht 2010.bmp

That's 156 mph for those of us in the states. Wasn't the old gentleman's agreement 300 kph?

Right you are sir!!! As in wrong you are

We are talking about top speed on this thread!!! :fing02:

But there is a different thread about the first 2 gear power problems.

• Member Contributer

If not just remove mod.

Thanks!

Any idea if the color coding for the wires might be the same for the FD as the F? Any idea if the Vsp wire also goes to the ECM via the same plug 27? FD version has 4 plugs to the ECM and not 3 like with the F.

Yes I can confirm that the wiring is definitely different for the FD version.

No red/green or pink/green wire to the black connector. And like I said there are 4 connectors (a White one in addition to the Black, Grey and Blue connectors). So the question is; Does any one have the wiring schematic for the FD version? :blush:

If not just remove mod.

Thanks!

Yes I can confirm that the wiring is definitely different for the FD version.

No red/green or pink/green wire to the black connector. And like I said there are 4 connectors (a White one in addition to the Black, Grey and Blue connectors). So the question is; Does any one have the wiring schematic for the FD version? :blush:

Sorry i do not have the wiring schematic for the FD version yet. I will post it when my manual arrives.

• Member Contributer

Sorry i do not have the wiring schematic for the FD version yet. I will post it when my manual arrives.

Interesting thing though!! Iput my bike up on the center stand, put on the engine, and engaged the gear. With 1st gear engaged and indicated, I revved her up, hoping to get a gear change. But no such thing. Switch to manual mode and sport mode; no gear change, revving to red line. Instead the ABS light started flashing.

Interesting thing though!! Iput my bike up on the center stand, put on the engine, and engaged the gear. With 1st gear engaged and indicated, I revved her up, hoping to get a gear change. But no such thing. Switch to manual mode and sport mode; no gear change, revving to red line. Instead the ABS light started flashing.

The bike refuses the change gear as long as the front wheel is not rotating. In standard mode it is not possible the dyno the bike.

I have made a holder to mount the front ABS sensor on the rear wheel together with a cable extender. In that way we have dynoed my mates VFR1200FD.

• Member Contributer

The bike refuses the change gear as long as the front wheel is not rotating. In standard mode it is not possible the dyno the bike.

I have made a holder to mount the front ABS sensor on the rear wheel together with a cable extender. In that way we have dynoed my mates VFR1200FD.

Well done!!! :cheerleader:

Mugello scrnsht 2010.bmp

Only 6% speedo error on the new beast eh? My 2004 has about 8-9% error...

Funny, the magazine test all said the speedo had no error and was dead on. my 6th gen was 10%off.

So what is the top speed unrestricted? What revs does it cut out. It has a giant front so anything higher may be aero limited. Maybe they limited it for a a reason.

I think they agrred upon 189mph.

Archived