Remove speed limitation

Dutchgixxer

... Long story short, I only got to 165 mph. It couldn't overcome the wind drag to hit red line. It stopped around 9750 rpm.

Well done :tour:

I would say your speedo is very accurate.

According to my calculations, in 6th gear, 9000 rpm equals to 247 kph (153,5 mph) and 10000 rpm equals to 274 kph (170,3 mph).

9750 rpm would equal to 267,5 kph (166,2 mph)

Btw, I can't say the same of the speedo in my vfr.

For some reason European models seem to have pessimistic speedos.

When I was in Germany a couple of years ago I tested how fast my vfr is (autobahn...) , the best I did was 245 kph in GPS and 265+ kph in speedo.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amazing how those gentle dips in the road feel like speed bumps at that speed eh?

Is that on tacho or on GPS?

That was on my speedo,not GPS. I've never checked my speedo against GPS. If I were closer to sea level, I'm sure it would go faster. Hot weather zaps some power also. Maybe I got a lemon, who knows? I do love the torque of the bike though. Believe me, we do some high speed desert runs out here. It's not like living on the east coast where there is a town every five miles.

• 1 month later...

Going slightly downhill today, I got to 173 mph. Granted, it's coming down from a mountain, but not the steep part of the grade. On anther note, my battery was dead after not riding for a week. I'm wondering if the Vmax Module is draining my battery. All is good as long as I keep it on the battery tender.

• Member Contributer

just wondering something guys..

why dont you find that wire that gets snipped.. and add some more wire and an on off switch?

put it "on" and the bike is in "stock' mode.. turn it off and you get the error code while you are blasting around..

thats something i can live with. :fing02:

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

just wondering something guys..

why dont you find that wire that gets snipped.. and add some more wire and an on off switch?

put it "on" and the bike is in "stock' mode.. turn it off and you get the error code while you are blasting around..

thats something i can live with. :fing02:

I added an on-off switch and now the battery doesn't drain. The Vmax module does instruct to add a switch.

• 8 months later...

I was wondering, is the top-end restriction only in 6th gear, if so, just do a similar thing as for the 1st and 2nd restriction by letting the ECU think that you are in, say 5th gear? Ok Ok Ok I am sorry, if I am talking nonsense, I will cut the wire!!!! :unsure:

Archived