BBoz likes the Q2

KevCarver

• Member Contributer

Thought they'd have some cool drifting video, but only stills... Guess they don't want to show their tires sliding around and spinning up. Sounds like Ben likes the Q2!

• Member Contributer

I have a dunlop qualifier rear right now and it has been a great tire. Who knew... Maybe Dunlop will shake the DunFLOP name with their new tires.

• Member Contributer

I have heard a lot of good things about these tires. A friend of mine who races WERA says they are his favorite street tire.

I have a set in the basement ready to be mounted on my 600 RR.

Motomummy has them for 199 dollars a set shipped.

I loved the set i had on my 750. Worked great. never doubted or felt nervous on em. if i got another SS, or build a track bike, Quals are goin on it too.

• Forum CEO

Dunlops cant be at the bottom of the barrel forever! They are actually using them for the Moto2 series, its a race spec tire but they are racing them. I felt confident with the roadsmarts they had on there for the vfr1200 oem tire - not happy to get to the bottom of the grooves and past the wear bars at 3800 miles though, not on a st tire. I am sure the qualifier is a good sport tire, with sport tire milage.

I guess I should add that all my Dunlop experience came from the older tires - the 207, 209, and 220. Two things turned me off to them. First, the profile. the tires felt more like triangles than like eggs. They would turn in ok, and then almost fall onto the side where it felt flat and not easy to finely tune your riding line, then there was a half to 3/4 inch of fully cranked over tread that looked like it would be hairy to ride on. Second, they get slippery towards the end of their life.

The D220 had a better riding profile, was a bit rounder, easier to change lines, but didn't grip as well and also got slippery late in life.

For the money, I'm buying Pilot Powers and Road2's until the "next best thing" comes along. I'd love to see Avon make a lighter tire, I liked riding on the older Azaros, great tires IMO. Not quite as good as the Road2s, but good.

So set me straight if Dunlop's changed their tire profiles from the old models?

Dunlops cant be at the bottom of the barrel forever! They are actually using them for the Moto2 series, its a race spec tire but they are racing them.

Their Race tires have been great ever since the Ntec came out, their DOT race rubber stuck as well and way outlasted any other DOT race I've tried on track to date(35-40 sets), but never have cared for their street tires!

The last set I tried was the Qualifers and they sucked IMO! The front was one of the WORST I've tried and I toss it in the trash w/less than 1500 miles on it! :ohmy:

The rear was decent, just wore out quick lasting no where near as long as a standard Power rear!

Hopefully the Q2 is a Drastic improvement, but if you don't push tires hard there all pretty decent! :laughing6-hehe:

BR

Archived