Leo Vince CF on 6th Gen

KanadianKen

Took a short vid/sound clip of the Leo Vince Carbon Fiber system installed on my 6th Gen.

Here it is for anyone that is interested in how it sounds. (Bike was warmed up first before revving the crap out of it.....)

th_VFRwithLEOVINCECF.jpg

Wonder if anyone with the REMUS CF pipes might be able to post up a similar vid of their pipes. Most I revved to was 5200 btw - so no - I didn't bounce off the rev limiter - have done that in the past though - while riding........ :fing02:

Well how do you think it sounds in person? Are you pleased with the Leo's? Video is a little hard to guage the true sound

Well how do you think it sounds in person? Are you pleased with the Leo's? Video is a little hard to guage the true sound

I love the sound. At the risk of getting Stanetune owners pissed at me - I think it sounds better than the tunes.... (I owned a set of Tunes - so I have ridden with both).

Its a deep souns, and is pretty loud.

Only other system that sounds almost as good is the REMUS CF or the fully gutted OEM system.

• Member Contributer

Did your Leo Vince come with any kind of silencer insert? I have the remus Ti (with silencers) and I'm tempted to say it sounds very much live your sound clip.

Did your Leo Vince come with any kind of silencer insert? I have the remus Ti (with silencers) and I'm tempted to say it sounds very much live your sound clip.

My pipes came with a spud installed in each. After trying to remove the spuds while the system was already installed on bike - and getting nowhere - we removed the pipes - and knocked the spuds out clean with one blow OFF the bike. The pipes were MUCH quieter with the spuds installed.

WOuld love it if you could do a quick video of your bikes sound with the Remus pipes. :fing02:

thanks for the info. lloks like I may go with the Leo's then since I want CF. Staintunes sound nice but I cant stand chrome.

Hey thanks again...just sent an email for the price. Do you have any more pics of the exhaust mounted? Is the exhaust routed to actually go thru both cans or just one? I'm still reading about these VFR's and it looks like some exhausts only go thru one can, is that right? Are there benefits to that? Seems kinda lame to me.

• Member Contributer

Hey thanks again...just sent an email for the price. Do you have any more pics of the exhaust mounted? Is the exhaust routed to actually go thru both cans or just one? I'm still reading about these VFR's and it looks like some exhausts only go thru one can, is that right? Are there benefits to that? Seems kinda lame to me.

The LV's go through both cans... Have had mine for several thousand miles (conical ends, CF) and I love them. Great sound and great quality too... I don't like the thought of one of the cans being closed. I'll qualify that statement by saying I'm not an engineer but I feel like if this bike were made for one muffler, wouldn't Honda have done it in the first place???

Just so you know, this promotion on Leo Vince products is still going on: Go here :huh:

Greg :biggrin:

I got mine orded. Now I'm just waiting on delivery. He was having issues with customs as of last week. I'll send him an e-mail for an update and post back.

did Mrs Ken comment on the tone?

SHHHHHHHHHHH - she still doesn't know!!! She doesn't go anywhere near the bike - (or me for that matter) so for now - she knows nothing of the covert "install in NC" :biggrin:

Ken, are you using a PC with the Leo's? If not, does it run fine, any issues. I wanna pick these up but don't know if I should install 'em or wait till I get a PC and do it all at once.

did Mrs Ken comment on the tone?

SHHHHHHHHHHH - she still doesn't know!!! She doesn't go anywhere near the bike - (or me for that matter) so for now - she knows nothing of the covert "install in NC" :goofy:

you are a bad man.

and for the record, I have not gone crazy on ebay while my wife is away in europe.

Staintunes sound nice but I cant stand chrome.

They're stainless steel, not chromed steel.

FWIW, even though I've got a Satantune on the VFR, I don't think it's the best sounding muffler for the VFR. The workmanship and quality is excellent, but the internal volume is lower than a Remus, Micron, or other mufflers, so the sound is less deep-toned.

Staintunes sound nice but I cant stand chrome.

They're stainless steel, not chromed steel.

FWIW, even though I've got a Satantune on the VFR, I don't think it's the best sounding muffler for the VFR. The workmanship and quality is excellent, but the internal volume is lower than a Remus, Micron, or other mufflers, so the sound is less deep-toned.

Ok...how bout I don't like shiny, Staintunes look great, but too shiny for me. Anything I can unbolt is gonna get painted/powdercoated black.... one day I'll paint that damn swingarm too.

• Member Contributer

Ok...how bout I don't like shiny, Staintunes look great, but too shiny for me. Anything I can unbolt is gonna get painted/powdercoated black.... one day I'll paint that damn swingarm too.

I'd love to see a swing arm painted black.

• Member Contributer

5th gen with an uncorked stainetune high mount sounds almost as good as a ducati. 6th gen is a very close second.

Ken even ripped the LeoVinci labels off them to fool his wife. Sneaky bastage. :fing02:

Ken, are you using a PC with the Leo's? If not, does it run fine, any issues. I wanna pick these up but don't know if I should install 'em or wait till I get a PC and do it all at once.

I run a PCIII with Cozyes map. Runs most excellent!

If you don't have a PCIII, you can still run these - but you might want to unplug the O2 sensors and install the Radio Shack diodes/resistors - whatever the heck that mod is. I have O2 Eliminators from DynoTune.

Oh it'll happen, hopefully sooner rather than later. I painted the one on my 600rr with some high temp resistant spray and it looked great. It worked out pretty good cuz, if you scratched it, it was real easy to touch up. The only problem with this one is it's so rough.

Ken, thanks again for the info.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the O/T post.... satin black swing arm, frame, forks, triples, bars, levers, footrest brackets, exhaust, fuel cap, hub, sprocket, wheels, etc.. Some paint, some powder. I've also done the rads after the pic was taken. I'd like to do the body in black, but it would be a shame to paint over nearly perfect Honda paint. Maybe if I get bored this winter....

100_0495.jpg

Archived