5th/6th Gen Clutch master cylinder replacement.

redmarque

Question

• Member Contributer

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a clutch master cylinder that will work with 5th-6th Gen and uses a small plastic reservoir?

I read on other threads that the VTR1000 one is compatible.

Is there anything else that would work? Anyone know the bore size required?

Cheers, Red

9 answers to this question

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a clutch master cylinder that will work with 5th-6th Gen and uses a small plastic reservoir?

I read on other threads that the VTR1000 one is compatible.

Is there anything else that would work? Anyone know the bore size required?

Cheers, Red

Red, Last year I upgraded to the Brembo Radial Master Cylinders, and have a currently not being used clutch master cylinder from an Aprilia. You're welcome to it for the outstanding price of $0.00, plus shipping from Germany to the U.K. call now, operators are standing by!!!

• Member Contributer

Red, Last year I upgraded to the Brembo Radial Master Cylinders, and have a currently not being used clutch master cylinder from an Aprilia. You're welcome to it for the outstanding price of $0.00, plus shipping from Germany to the U.K. call now, operators are standing by!!!

That's very generous Doug! :pinocchio: I’ll send you a PM in min. :fing02:

• Member Contributer

Any idea on what year Seb? :pinocchio: would be good to have a list in the forum of what brake system parts do/do not work.

I've used the 04-06 units. The reservoir is attached to the master, but it's a small cup instead of the metal box.

If de-linking the brakes, you can use the 1000RR brake master up front as well.

Why can't you use the OEM unit when delinking the brakes?

The original question was about a clutch master, but that stemmed from matching to a brake master. It depends on what front end is chosen(more so the calipers involved). The stock master isn't always the right size to match the number of brake caliper pistons being pushed.

• Member Contributer

Just realised i wrote "brake" master which should have been "clutch" apologies Red. :laughing6-hehe:

Archived