Whats the benifit of yellow headlights

timmythecop

I grabbed the wrong bulb off the shelf at the shop and ended up with this. Any benifit in the right one being yellow. (there too hard to change, so it stays regardless)

029.jpg

• Member Contributer

+'s

Yellow is "supposed" to provide better visibility in wet weather (which is why the color is more common for fog lights).

The two color headlight might be more noticable to other drivers.

You might like it.

-'s

The actually effective range of a yellow light is probably a bit less that a white light

You might not like it.

Those are my opinions. There is a lot of info on yellow lights kicking around in dusty corners of the interwebs too.

I grabbed the wrong bulb off the shelf at the shop and ended up with this. Any benifit in the right one being yellow. (there too hard to change, so it stays regardless)

029.jpg

Yellow is better in bad weather, on a snow packed road they give very little back flare off the ice/snow. The French once passed law that required all French plated vehicles must use yellow head lamps.

As a side note, HID systems are very poor for ice/snow packed roads.

It looks way cool. I remember several years ago I bike was coming up behind me at night with lights like that. I saw it a looooooooooong way away.

I had them on my CBR and they looked oh, so cool. . . They sucked tremendously if you actually wanted to see where you were going after dark. But maybe they'd be better on a flat black bike. :wheel:

• Member Contributer

It looks cool tongue.gif

24 hour endurance racing

get_image.jpg

And oh!

Yellow looks good on Red too..... :rolleyes:

IMG_0286.jpg

It was seen on Dtutchy's bike way before, so he shall get credit and or blame. I did notice last night that I noticed 3 cars drifting into my lane and then they snapped back into their lanes. Maybe it was my new yellow light?

Archived