Steam Cleaning

thereisnospoon

• Member Contributer

Hi all, I've heard from some friends that have Shark steam cleaners that they love them... I was curious how anyone's experience on here has been with them? To make this motorcycle related, I see in their advertising pictures they show a car wheel being cleaned... What about motorcycle bits??

My wife just bought one. It seems to work pretty well on tile floors. The steam comes out through a reusable cloth pad so I don't know if you could use on motorcycle parts. I'll covertly take a look at it this weekend and see if has alternate applications (Don't want to seem too interested in it or I'll end up having to use it for its intended purpose).

Action

Hi all, I've heard from some friends that have Shark steam cleaners that they love them... I was curious how anyone's experience on here has been with them? To make this motorcycle related, I see in their advertising pictures they show a car wheel being cleaned... What about motorcycle bits??

Not sure about the motorcycle content - not a lot of vacuuming to do on a bike is there? Maybe if you had a sheepskin seat cover?

daily_chores__vacuuming_by_carrie623.gif

• Member Contributer

A lot of people use a steam cleaner to clean the throttle bodies. Just stick the wand in there and she'll run really good afterwards.....NOT..... :fing02:

You really dont want to steam clean any engine. Pressure washers are fine if you use common sense. Modern electrical connectors are waterproof and rarely cause a problem from washing.

Steam can get past the connector seals and cause all kinds of problems. Water ok, steam not.

Archived