D&d Vs Two Bro's

781Edges

• Member Contributer

I love my D+D. It gives a real v-8, ripping sound and they have a Texas flag logo, being in Fort

Worth. Yep,I'm from Texas.

Have looked at the staintune,but just don't want to shell it out! but it's like anything else I guess.

Where the best place to find the staintune.I Like the sound of the Two Bro's and the D&D, while not being crazy about the huge label

on the D&D.

• Member Contributer

If you can find a good high mount staintune in the price range you can afford I'd buy that. I've also heard nice results from the Two Bros Hi mount.

• Member Contributer

Remus has my vote, but make sure you get the viper or the "off road" model. Very deep lumpy idle, roars above 6k. I did not catch which gen you had but I do not think they make pipes for my 4th anymore, except for the staintunes or two bros (I found my diamond in the rough hi-mount on ebay so you have to keep an eye out there). I am positive though you can find high and low mounts still for the 5th and my friend has a set of GP carbon fiber cans on his 6th gen and it sounds delicious. Just my .02 o and they sound excellent on BMW's too, Brian has one on his K-Bike and it sounds fantastic, especially at 80 on the Cherohala :biggrin:

Vince (97VFR750)

Edit: I had a chance to own a D&D but I did not want to roll the dice on quality when I was sure there were better options out there, but for the budget buyer and item availability I don't see any wrong in the D&D

• Member Contributer

If you buy a D&D from the manufacturer they can do a "streetpack" which is not nearly as loud. Sounds awesome actually.

GPR also makes a cool one that can be found on Ebay, in the stores section. Two Brothers sound great though, imo.

Just about any exhaust sounds awesome on a V4!! +1.gif

• Member Contributer

I picked up a Hi-Mount Staintune a couple of years ago when there was the VFRD Group buy, paid $375 delivered. Best money that I have spent on my bike, by far, the thing never requires anything, no repacking, it sound great, and it looks good.

I checked the current price, $599, ouch! Maybe another VFRD Group Buy is in order?

Thanks to all,Two Bros it will be.Next time I will search my ? before asking.

:biggrin: Okay you have taken your caning appropriately! LOL just messing with you!!! Just like they did to me!

• Member Contributer

I absolutely LOVE my D&D on most occassions. Most? Yep, most. It sounds more "Chevy" to me than Honda which is exactly what I was looking for initially. However, after a trip from Colorado to Lake Michigan and then another from Colorado to Idaho with the D&D, I will be tempted to throw the stocker back on for my next long haul trip. If I'm riding long distance, I positively must have ear plugs in to dampen the "racket" for hour after hour just to prevent the ringing in my ears once I dismount. It doesn't seem all that loud under normal circumstances. Just for grins, I set out to see just how loud it was under riding conditions. I fired it up in the driveway and just held the throttle at 5500 - 6000 rpm for about a minute. That is where the tach sits most of the time when I'm on a long stretch of slab. Aside from annoying the hell out of the neighbors, I decided that that much noise for an all day ride is probably too much if I were to ask my Audiologist brother. The D&D is great for what I call "normal" riding but all day at 80ish is a little much.

• Member Contributer

Good point Timmy and I also figure that an 80 mph wind also adds a bit of rumble back into the equation as well.

D&D gets my money hands down. If you don't like the label, simple...buy one of the ones that doesn't have it. Quality? Had mine over a year, and it's old and used and dented and all that when I bought it, still purrs like a kitten though and she's nice and shiny to boot. $$$$ doesn't mean it's higher quality, just means it's more expensive. smile.gif

• Member Contributer
This is almost like an oil thread. But, I vote Staintunes... smile.gif

oil + pipe = good times.

I put a 1/2 bottle of Valvoline in my D&D and it sounds as good as a Staintune.

A fist full of popcorn added will give you a snack @ your first way side stop.

Archived