Show Me Your Tool

FotoMoto

That's a great setup Ken, it looks even better in person! :491: I'm striving towards the same type of setup; one specific bike bay with just about everything within arm's reach, and a second open general work area.

I'll need a new larger wall so I can put more pictures up of myself and a new shed to store every squid in towns bike that I have to fix. Also need a spot for a kegarator and my 32 projects.

I forgot to take pics last night, place is a mess, but I should take a before pic. New bench will be in this weekend & should really change the look of the place!( :fing02: )

Fixed that for ya'. Don't mention it. :cool:

:dry:

Suggestion I picked up from an electrican: Put your compressor on a timer of some sort. That way when you get ready to call it a day/night you don't have to remember to turn it off and it doesn't kick on in the middle of the night. Set the timer for one hour or so - however long you're going to be in the shop that evening.

I have had to get up in the middle of the night more than once to turn mine off and stop the wife's nagging.

Do they make 230V timers??

I've heard mine from in the house before, but being a detached garage with everything closed up, it's not too bad, even in the middle of the night.

• Member Contributer

Couple pics of my side of the garage(oh yeah, toolboxes also):

The first box I bought for myself probably 20 years ago, says Craftsman in there somewhere. Still use it to throw tools in to take along with me:

gallery_10340_4719_353211.jpg

Rollaway I got when I bought my welder used, had to remove the Argon/CO2 tank and find a spot to store the welder to fit it. Keep all my welding stuff, grinding, Vise Grips, metalworking stuff here:

gallery_10340_4719_359930.jpg

The bottom rollaway I got for Christmas 10 years ago, got the top one the next Christmas, I`d like another setup just like it but black...nowhere to put it though. Welder hiding in it`s shelf waiting for more use:

gallery_10340_4719_561484.jpg

Another view of where I spend alot of quality time, and the front of the Handy Air-Lift with the big Kat on it:

gallery_10340_4719_600089.jpg

What to do with a junk VF750F frame, Sabre radiator, some VF1000R gauges, and some steel:

gallery_10340_4719_846888.jpg

Learn to weld by making a test rig for your spare VF1000R motors:

gallery_10340_4719_744751.jpg

Parting shot. The XR, test rig, bikes, and other stuff gets moved back over so my wifes car fits on her side when I`m not working on something:

gallery_10340_4719_190137.jpg

Nice Tom, love the test rig! Very cool!

I have that exact same little Craftsman box, minus the stickers. It was a gift a few years ago; that's my travel box for trips or the "save someone from the side of the road box". Always has duct tape & zip ties in it! :fing02:

So, after all the talk of the bench & stuff, I finished it today. It needs a little more work, since it's sagging a bit... :blush:

NewworkbenchFathersDay09006.jpg

I used plywood and melamine board for the shelves and top. I need to add 2 more swivel casters in the middle of the bench, front and back, to support the weight. Then brace the top and bottom rails front and back. I don't want to pull the table back out, so I'm just going to bolt those on.

Here's a shot showing it and the other table w/ the 4th lower box underneath, one intermediate up top. I have 2 more intermediates that need a home... along with all the other STUFF that was piled under the old workbench. Good thing it's raining the next few days! :biggrin:

NewworkbenchFathersDay09008.jpg

• Member Contributer

Well I think Sebspeed wins.

Here is my best tool box and I have 7. Sorry for the photos, were taking by a cell phone.

The Coke sign is off of a old Coke-Cola truck.

gallery_8868_2008_252935.jpg

tool box front.jpg

gallery_8868_2008_124032.jpg

tool box back.jpg

Stephen

What to do with a junk VF750F frame, Sabre radiator, some VF1000R gauges, and some steel:

gallery_10340_4719_846888.jpg

Learn to weld by making a test rig for your spare VF1000R motors:

gallery_10340_4719_744751.jpg

This is the coolest thing yet!!! :biggrin:

• Member Contributer
Here's a shot showing it and the other table w/ the 4th lower box underneath, one intermediate up top. I have 2 more intermediates that need a home... along with all the other STUFF that was piled under the old workbench. Good thing it's raining the next few days! :biggrin:

NewworkbenchFathersDay09008.jpg

That's nice. So all the STUFF you're referring to..........that was where this new monstrosity is? :blush:

Dude,get a dumpster....................................if nothing else it'll be a good spot for that black bike. :fing02:

No I'm kidding it does look nice. :cool:

• Member Contributer

I hate all you bastards............

:fing02:

Garageless Dutchy

Here's a shot showing it and the other table w/ the 4th lower box underneath, one intermediate up top. I have 2 more intermediates that need a home... along with all the other STUFF that was piled under the old workbench. Good thing it's raining the next few days! :fing02:

That's nice. So all the STUFF you're referring to..........that was where this new monstrosity is? :blink:

Dude,get a dumpster....................................if nothing else it'll be a good spot for that black bike. :laugh:

No I'm kidding it does look nice. :cool:

The black bike should be leaving tonight! No new tires for it yet either! :ph34r:

Not all of the stuff, but most of it was packed away under that old table! Lots of it won't ft anymore, so I have to make room for it upstairs.

• Member Contributer
The black bike should be leaving tonight! No new tires for it yet either! :laugh:

Oh, no kidding really? So where ya' gonna' put when they bring it back? :fing02:

I do like the set up. You still need a dumpster. :ph34r:

The black bike should be leaving tonight! No new tires for it yet either! :laugh:

Oh, no kidding really? So where ya' gonna' put when they bring it back? :fing02:

I do like the set up. You still need a dumpster. :blink:

Dunno. I'll tell them to bring a disc lock and stick it behind the shed. If I were going to ride the bike, I would say it still needs tires, chain, oil change, brake fluid flush and a couple other odds and ends. Can't save'em all, right?

Glad you like the setup, next time you come up you can be T.B. instead of supervisor, K ? :ph34r:

• Member Contributer
Well I think Sebspeed wins.

Here is my best tool box and I have 7. Sorry for the photos, were taking by a cell phone.

The Coke sign is off of a old Coke-Cola truck.

Stephen

Yeah, Seb that is a kickass setup.

Stephen, that is a BIG box.

This is the coolest thing yet!!! :laugh:

Great....now I gotta get some better casters since one gave way, and then get it powdercoated.....not that it`s going to my head or anything......

I hate all you bastards............

:fing02:

Garageless Dutchy

I gotta remember that I`m lucky to have my half of the garage...sometimes complain I don`t have enough room and the wife reminds me what an ungrateful bastard I am....I remember pulling my first VF750F into my one room apartment.

Great....now I gotta get some better casters since one gave way, and then get it powdercoated.....not that it`s going to my head or anything......

WTF? :fing02: Just spray bomb it & move on! It's a test rig!! :laugh:

Gotta send that Ninja off on it's way tonight, then I'm beefing the table up!

Rustoleum to the rescue! If it gets scratched, just bomb it again instead of wincing in agony as you reach for your wallet to re-powder... :huh:

The Ninja is GONE! It'll be back in 2 weeks for an oil change though. :blush: :biggrin:

I fixed the sagging bench. I had to jack it up w/ my floor jack to get the wood underneath, and I added two 4x4 supports on the backside between the upper & lower frames. Much better now. Also picked up a Rubbermaid shelf unit at Lowe's today to give a home to some of the orphaned stuff from the old bench.

NewworkbenchFathersDay09010.jpg

NewworkbenchFathersDay09009.jpg

• Member Contributer

Dude....did you really post this at 12:04 am last night/this morning.... :biggrin:

Get a life.

The bench combo does look nice.

Dude....did you really post this at 12:04 am last night/this morning.... :fing02:

Get a life.

The bench combo does look nice.

Yup. Woke up from a bourbon-induced recliner nap and decided to post up before going to bed. I don't have a life, but I stay out of trouble... :laugh:

And thanks again. :laugh:

• Member Contributer
Yup. Woke up from a bourbon-induced recliner nap and decided to post up before going to bed. I don't have a life, but I stay out of trouble... :fing02:

And thanks again. :laugh:

anytime.

KG9K0109.jpg

• Member Contributer
Not in my garage, that would be apple juice... I never drink & work on bikes. I do like to celebrate afterwards though! :fing02:

Yeah we wouldn't want you knapping in the garage.

By the way, that wasn't apple juice........ :cool:

:laugh: :laugh:

Archived