Bedford Ride

• Member Contributer
Well, here's a little fun fact for you... the restaurant on Rt 30 at the top of the mtn between McConnellsburg and Chambersburg that sits on the outside of that wild hairpin turn - well, the waitresses in there wear those little bitty short shorts, leather chaps, and boostiers. Apparently, it's like hog heaven where the Pagans like to hang out.

And you withheld this information from us??? Some friend you've turned out to be!!

Just found out 15 minutes ago. Sorry, man - If I knew, we'd have stopped.

C'mon Eric. Didn't you notice the pattern. Didn't get the cute waitress at Perkins, Dennys, or the bar. What made you think we'd get lucky?

Luck had nothing to do with it! I CHOSE not to pursue each of the aforementioned waitresses--there's something about women who are built like line-backers which just doesn't sit right with me. The sad fact is that this other waitress wearing the daisy dukes and leather chaps is probably built like I am as well!

• Member Contributer
Luck had nothing to do with it! I CHOSE not to pursue each of the aforementioned waitresses--there's something about women who are built like line-backers which just doesn't sit right with me. The sad fact is that this other waitress wearing the daisy dukes and leather chaps is probably built like I am as well!

This is second hand, but, my understanding is that the young ladies there aren't bad at all. Sure, they're not Dutch models, but hell, where ya' gonna find one of those??? :goofy:

• Member Contributer

Adding in a couple more pics I pulled out of the video.

3608646093_84b32efa50_b.jpg

Stretch of road that was all pine trees lined up along the road

3609460414_483c73d8fe_b.jpg

Just tons of turns like this. That's Timmy ahead of me. Burns is ahead of him.

3608645093_10e2fdc482_b.jpg

One of the few times I was behind them

3609459542_f00ea2ed71_b.jpg

Timmy goes for an overtake...

3609459694_674dfbb838_b.jpg

...and misses the turn

3608644313_b7921c29e5_b.jpg

Burns leaning into a corner

3608644443_f66b0e26ee_b.jpg

Timmy going in next

3609458942_ebb0a52971_b.jpg

3608644063_188f230d4a_b.jpg

This was pretty much was we had to put up with all weekend.

• Member Contributer

3609459694_674dfbb838_b.jpg

...and misses the turn

LOL.. priceless. caught on video... Timmy was too busy watching the crazy old dude on the side of the road.

• Member Contributer

I grabbed as many pics from this forum and my own and threw them on my flickr page. They're just about full res. Many of the twisty shots off the camera came out too blurry to be used for much.

Bedford Flickr

• Member Contributer
I grabbed as many pics from this forum and my own and threw them on my flickr page. They're just about full res. Many of the twisty shots off the camera came out too blurry to be used for much.

Bedford Flickr

awesome. thanks.

• Member Contributer

Bedford Flickr

Very Nice!!

My favorite so far:

• Member Contributer
Adding in a couple more pics I pulled out of the video.

3608646093_84b32efa50_b.jpg

Stretch of road that was all pine trees lined up along the road

Looks like a good time gents. 326 heading north is a good road. YoshiHNS, was this tree-lined picture taken on 144 ?

• Member Contributer

Bedford Flickr

Very Nice!!

My favorite so far:

My favorite too. Just wish I had the camera tilted up a tad bit more.

• Member Contributer

144 is a great road, a little funny pavement in place, but if you ride the length of it it is an experience. I remembered that section that was lined with trees, really cool.

• Member Contributer

Thanks for the link Timmy,as you would say I'm a round crayon amongst you sharp ones.

Dam I'm sorry I missed this one. Thumbs up to everybody for pulling this one off. Yosh and Eric that was a long weekend yes?

Jim hows it feel to be on something worth riding?

Timmy ...looks like the Peril could use a fresh coat of paint.

Burns ....well it's just probably a good thing you went along.

• Member Contributer
Jim hows it feel to be on something worth riding?

tsk tsk, Steve... The Tuna was/is a fine ride... even salvaged, modded to the N-th degree and in need of a new set of tires (or at the very least, the correct tire pressure). I see it out and about every so often. And, the new owner actually called me up to just say "thanks."

That said... Love my 5th Gen, even more with the 2Bro's exhaust on it. Need to dump the stock seat for a Sargent; maybe look at some risers to change the position just a little; but, she's a much more substantial bike that the Kat. For as much as the Kat did a lot of stuff well, the VFR does a lot of stuff better. =)

Luckily, you weren't leading this expedition, so I didn't have to ride like my ass was on fire. Was a great day to get used to a great new bike and ride with some exceptional people (you judge whether I meant that in a good way, or that they just fell off the short bus).

Archived