Angel Eyes Headlights Mods?

Guest hiway

Guest hiway

Tried the search function to no avail. Anyone heard or seen this done to a VFR? I saw a mod done on a FZ6 forum to mod the headlights to have the angel eyes headlights and it looked pretty good. Given the look of VFR's headlight assembly it seems it might be doable. Dunno.

Here's the link to the FZ6 mod:

http://www.fz6-forum.com/forum/fz6-mods/14...-installed.html

• Member Contributer

Interesting--I've never seen that kind of projector before. But it's not OEM, so (probably) not OEM quality... I'f you've seen my "Check this out" thread, you'll see that there's plenty of room in a (5th-gen) VFR headlight unit.

I considered adding angel eyes, but as my headlights are going to be on all the time, the extra bling bonus point would be sadly lost.

Ciao,

Neon colored coolant hoses, LED "accent" lighting and now this??

Is the VFR turning into an F&F tuner crowd favorite all of a sudden??!! :blink: :goofy:

Next thing you know we'll be hanging out with teenagers in dark industrial park roads, ready to earn some pink slips! :biggrin:

Beck

95 VFR

• Member Contributer

looking at the pics from the link, it seems like the regular H4/H7 bulbs give more and better light. The angel lights seem to be for show only. Plus is seems odd how he did the pictures with one normal bulb and one angel eye.

Is the VFR turning into an F&F tuner crowd favorite all of a sudden??!! :blink: :goofy:

Next thing you know we'll be hanging out with teenagers in dark industrial park roads, ready to earn some pink slips! :biggrin:

Beck

95 VFR

I wouldn't really consider angel eyes as a teeny thing. My BMW car has them and many other nice luxury autos have them. They are nice headlights that have a unique flavor. I don't think I would do the mod to make a headlight look like it has angel eye projectors for the sake alone though. I"ve seen on ebay the flexible tubing you can mold around the actual headlight to create the same effect (not my thing).

Beck

95 VFR

I wouldn't really consider angel eyes as a teeny thing. My BMW car has them and many other nice luxury autos have them. They are nice headlights that have a unique flavor. I don't think I would do the mod to make a headlight look like it has angel eye projectors for the sake alone though. I"ve seen on ebay the flexible tubing you can mold around the actual headlight to create the same effect (not my thing).

Yes, BMW cars had them first, but the F&F tuners also jumped on them in a big way with cheapy imitations from China/Taiwan that you can now buy at discount auto parts store. I think, stylewise, it's mostly passe anyway. JMOs

Beck

95 VFR

• Member Contributer

Is the VFR turning into an F&F tuner crowd favorite all of a sudden??!! :blink: :biggrin:

Next thing you know we'll be hanging out with teenagers in dark industrial park roads, ready to earn some pink slips! :laugh:

Beck

95 VFR

+1.gif Yes often imitated, never truly duplicated! tongue.gif

gallery_14545_4425_690077.jpg

IMG_0467.JPG

gallery_14545_4425_212086.jpg

IMG_0469.JPG

• Member Contributer

Is the VFR turning into an F&F tuner crowd favorite all of a sudden??!! :blink: :biggrin:

Next thing you know we'll be hanging out with teenagers in dark industrial park roads, ready to earn some pink slips! :laugh:

Beck

95 VFR

+1.gif Yes often imitated, never truly duplicated! tongue.gif

gallery_14545_4425_690077.jpg

IMG_0467.JPG

gallery_14545_4425_212086.jpg

IMG_0469.JPG

Yum!!!!!!

agreed, aren't these the "new" treatment?

gallery_13109_4094_2231.jpg

eyeliner.jpg

Yes, I was thinking of posting a similar pic of a new Audi, but I didn't have one handy.

But you can now also get imitation LED sets at auto parts stores to do imitations of this too. I've actually been seeing them in bike dealer stores recently too. these "auxilliary" light are all pretty much bling elements and do nothing functionally for the car. Audi's gimmick will also go passe soon too.

Beck

95 VFR

Actually I think what Audi is doing won't go away but instead will become the new 'norm' as LED technology evolves, i.e. small rows of LEDs will completely replace projector and reflector headlights.

I guess now we are at the other end of the spectrum.....opposite of the guys who feel the need to have to bolt a gps, xm radio, cb radio, weather band radio, radar, ATM, portable toilet, box of kleenex, eating utensils, night vision heads up display, microwave, bicycle rack, golf ball washer, and a hot plate on the handle bars of a sport bike, while looking like "Mr. Moto GP" when they run to the store to get a gallon a milk to store in the mini refrigerator that is bolted on the back of their bike. tongue.gif

Beck

95 VFR

I guess now we are at the other end of the spectrum.....opposite of the guys who feel the need to have to bolt a gps, xm radio, cb radio, weather band radio, radar, ATM, portable toilet, box of kleenex, eating utensils, night vision heads up display, microwave, bicycle rack, golf ball washer, and a hot plate on the handle bars of a sport bike, while looking like "Mr. Moto GP" when they run to the store to get a gallon a milk to store in the mini refrigerator that is bolted on the back of their bike. tongue.gif

Hehe, thanks for the morning smile. On a tangent, I get more positive attention when I run to the corner mart on my wife's honda metropolitan (50cc scooter) from chicks than the more manly things I own. Style is subjective. I say do what makes you happy with little worry about what other's think. Heck I think I remember reading an article what was more sexy for a man to drive. The hybrid scored way higher than the Ferrari.

Actually I think what Audi is doing won't go away but instead will become the new 'norm' as LED technology evolves, i.e. small rows of LEDs will completely replace projector and reflector headlights.

LEDs WILL become the norm, but not in the way that Audi is using it mostly on the front of their cars, which at this point is mostly for "bling" IMO.

Beck

95 VFR

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Looks like he did an HID retrofit to his bike. Looks almost OEM in terms of quality of beam and sharp cut-off (like most OEM HID with their projectors.) I'm truly impressed.

I would love to do this to my bike someday, but could really give a crap about the halos. They look nice, and I love them on the BMW's, but have lost the cool factor for me due to so many crappy imitations on other vehicles. Much the same with Altezza style tails.

Does the Yamaha light one bulb on low beam and add the second one for high beam? That would explain having two different bulb types.

Pretty cool mod, anyway.

Archived