Luggage Locker "tank Locker" System

Guest Shuffler

Guest Shuffler

Anybody using this setup?

It looks really appealing in terms of not dealing with the scratching/marring of paint that standard tank bags result in.

Also seems like fueling should be a lot easier...on long trips, it's not much fun dickering around with the bag mount....inevitably, your paint is going to look like crap if it's wet, dirty, you're in a hurry, etc. after doing it enough times.

LuggageLocker website

Anybody using this setup?

It looks really appealing in terms of not dealing with the scratching/marring of paint that standard tank bags result in.

Also seems like fueling should be a lot easier...on long trips, it's not much fun dickering around with the bag mount....inevitably, your paint is going to look like crap if it's wet, dirty, you're in a hurry, etc. after doing it enough times.

LuggageLocker website

I ordered an SW Motech tank bag with their gas cap mounting system. It just arrived today so I haven't installed it. Might be worth consideration in addition to the Tank Locker System. FWIW, I've heard good things about the Tank Locker bags.

SW Motech on TwistedThrottle.com

Roger

I have it. I'm a big fan.

Originally, I thought I would be removing the retainer (that through-bolts the gas cap bolts) when I wasn't using it... but I use it pretty much all the time. I guess that's a factor in the VFR6g not having storage for shite. I also have the Sargent seat, but don't use its tiny cavity, other than to store permanent items (flat fix, air guage).

I get a fair number of questions about what it is; the black plastic base does break the lines of the fuel tank...

Looks nice, but they are awfully proud of that little bag. What other no-touchey tank bags are out there? I dont have to have the locking mechanism.

I've have swarn off magnetic tank bags from now on. Anybody lookin for a Marsee magnetic tankbag?

• Member Contributer
Looks nice, but they are awfully proud of that little bag. What other no-touchey tank bags are out there? I dont have to have the locking mechanism.

I've have swarn off magnetic tank bags from now on. Anybody lookin for a Marsee magnetic tankbag?

Why did you swear off magnetic tank bags? I've never liked have a bag "in my way" on top of the tank and have always preferred using the hard bags. I was considering using mine this summer though. Do they really scratch the tank that bad?

ppm

• Member Contributer

Why did you swear off magnetic tank bags? I've never liked have a bag "in my way" on top of the tank and have always preferred using the hard bags. I was considering using mine this summer though. Do they really scratch the tank that bad?

ppm

I've always liked magnetic tank bags. To gas up, just take it off and throw it on the pump, the magnet will hold it in place! The only thing to be careful of is that the magnet does not pick up a screw in the garage... Never had a scratch or a problem with magnetic. I'm curious why you swore yours off?

The thing I don't like about the system is,that all the bags are too long and wide. I had another air mount bag system in the earlier part of 2002 that had a nice smaller sized bag,but at 64' I just can't remember what it was.

Although all my "silver-freak" VFR Pips might be interested in this; Silver mini tankbag (11" L x 8" W x 7½" H Expands 1" higher).......Monk

http://www.powersportspro.com/pages/catalo...i-tank-bag.aspx

I like the idea. Only thing I find unusual with these hard nounted tank bag systems is, they seem elevate the bags away from the tank a bit too high for my tastes. I don't like to see that gap between the tank and the bag bottom......but I guess that's the whole point of the system anyway....

At least you will never have to worry about the bag falling off while riding or scratching your tank up.

Beck

95 VFR

Thanks guys. I went with the SW-Motech system...I like the look and function of their tankring better than Luggage Locker.

More expensive, I know...but this is my little way of helping get the economy back on track..... :warranty:

Watch for it touching the tank. I have the larger SW tank bag on my Triumph and it ended up sagging enough that it did touch the tank. Ended up putting a tank protector underneath, but it was a bit too late.

• Member Contributer

ppm

I've been using a Marsee mag bag for years and have had zero problems with scratching or any other type of tank contusion ! I just make sure the business end of the mag flaps and tank are clean b4 hand...

I've been using a Marsee mag bag for years and have had zero problems with scratching or any other type of tank contusion ! I just make sure the business end of the mag flaps and tank are clean b4 hand...

I did that too, you may get lucky and it never happens. It only takes one grain of sand or worse a metal flake that will not just brush off a damn fine magnet. I'm just sayin I'm done w/ it and learned my lesson.

Watch for it touching the tank. I have the larger SW tank bag on my Triumph and it ended up sagging enough that it did touch the tank. Ended up putting a tank protector underneath, but it was a bit too late.

Which bag did you get? I ordered this one

Bags Connection "Engage Sport"

I'm gonna be pissed if it sags and mars my tank....

• Member Contributer

I got the "Luggage Locker" right off the bat when I bought my '04.

I was concerned with the magnetic bags so that is why I went with it.

It works just fine and the dude who owns the company was great to work with.

Got the seat bag as well. No complaints.

stnick13

• Member Contributer

Which bag did you get? I ordered this one

Bags Connection "Engage Sport"

I'm gonna be pissed if it sags and mars my tank....

I have an Engage Sport and I haven't noticed it ever touching the tank. I've even had it full with stuff too...

The Engage Sport also has a semi rigid bottom, so I don't think it's just gonna sag on it own. I reinforced mine though, by running 1X6" strips of aluminum lengthwise inside the bag where the mounting screws some thru, since I tend to lay on it a little when in cruise mode.

Yes, Engage Sport. Put tankslapper material under it and don't worry. After keeping water bottles and sitting outside in the sun every work day, mine is quite faded and sags a smidge. But if you didn't notice it started life black in color, you'd think it looks good.

Archived